Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Nevada Muzzleloader bull elk hunt area 111-115

Aaronf257

I am going on a muzzleloader bull elk hunt in Nevada October 18th-28th and was hoping to get some pointers on where to look around mount moriah? I went up a couple weeks ago in area 111 but there were quite a few hunters, I scouted around but had no luck seeing any bulls in area 111 so I figured 114 might help. I talked to a few hunters that seen some decent bulls in 111 but I wasn’t able to spot them again after. I am going up the 18th and spending the first few days scouting around more before the hunt opens in the 22nd. This is my first bull elk hunt and took quite some time to draw it. Any help would be appreciated, I don’t need an exact location but maybe just a point in a certain direction would help. I’m going to be up there for a little over a week

I’m assuming this is Nevada? If so, congrats on a great tag. With that unit, scouting some lookouts will be key. Systematically hit your lookouts to cover ground with your optics at first and last light. Keep moving until you find elk. They will still be bugling. That’s an awesome tag. Good luck

I’m assuming this is Nevada? If so, congrats on a great tag. With that unit, scouting some lookouts will be key. Systematically hit your lookouts to cover ground with your optics at first and last light. Keep moving until you find elk. They will still be bugling. That’s an awesome tag. Good luck
Yes sorry I fixed the post, it is in Nevada. I appreciate the advice!

Elk will feed in the agriculture fields in Spring Valley on the east side of 111 where all of those wind turbans are. They move into the steep ridges at first light. Be there at least an hour before shooting light.
You think Cleve creek would be a good spot to hold up in before light?

I am going on a muzzleloader bull elk hunt in Nevada October 18th-28th and was hoping to get some pointers on where to look around mount moriah? I went up a couple weeks ago in area 111 but there were quite a few hunters, I scouted around but had no luck seeing any bulls in area 111 so I figured 114 might help. I talked to a few hunters that seen some decent bulls in 111 but I wasn’t able to spot them again after. I am going up the 18th and spending the first few days scouting around more before the hunt opens in the 22nd. This is my first bull elk hunt and took quite some time to draw it. Any help would be appreciated, I don’t need an exact location but maybe just a point in a certain direction would help. I’m going to be up there for a little over a week
Have you talked to the biologist?

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smithwltr19
Back