Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

My dog just stepped on this snake???

Had this guy behind camp a few weeks ago. No harm done.

Attachments

• 20240629_093530.jpg
    20240629_093530.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 12
When I was a kid a friends pet garden snake bit me and from that point on, I see a snake it's a snake and it dies. But, I won't go more than 5 or six miles out of my way to kill one. My Squirt dog got bit by a rattler several years ago and next morning I found him with a huge leg. Vet found the bite. Now my present Stormy got it in a fat pocket on his leg and took just over two years to finally heal over and grow back the skin and hair. I see a snake, I kill it!
I’m not trying to start an argument, but it sounds like your vet may not have treated with enough antivenom. Most human doctors and veterinarian doctors do not treat enough rattlesnake bites and sometimes are going off of out of date protocols for snake bites.

I’m not trying to start an argument, but it sounds like your vet may not have treated with enough antivenom. Most human doctors and veterinarian doctors do not treat enough rattlesnake bites and sometimes are going off of out of date protocols for snake bites.
I wondered about that. But been using him a long time and other than this one, no complaints. Had my old Squirt get bit several years ago and it was one trip in and couple days and you couldn't tell he'd been bit.

I wondered about that. But been using him a long time and other than this one, no complaints. Had my old Squirt get bit several years ago and it was one trip in and couple days and you couldn't tell he'd been bit.
Adult Snakes can control their venom so each bite is different. I don’t think it’s anything the vet did wrong. I’m glad your puppers is doing good now!

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacksoncsalmon
Back