My coolest shed find

Jake.

Two years ago I was holding onto a cow elk tag here in my home state of CO. Out searching, I stumbled onto two bulls, a very nice 6x7 and this feller here.. couldn’t tell how many points he was aside from the club and two tines on the left side of his head and the other side consisting of busted tines throughout the main beam. Watching these bulls for a little under an hour made the failure at locating any cows a bit more bearable. I hiked back to camp that day feeling full of gratitude for the experience I just had, staving off the thoughts of having to pack up and head home the next day.
Fast forward to the middle of the following May, my wife, pup, and I are heading back to this area to camp for the weekend. After getting settled in I take the pup out for a walk and to glass some ridges and hillsides. As we crest the ridge opposite of our camp I see this odd looking burnt branch in the middle of a grass and sage laden hillside. As I was contemplating how strange it was to find a branch here since there wasn’t a tree within 200yds, I noticed my dogs energy start to shift from a leisurely walk to an excited anticipation. I think I remember hearing myself say “oh no shit” as I squinted to get a better view. My pup and I ran up to the shed and I may have belted out a shout in excitement as I realized I had found the coolest shed of my life to this date made all the more special by having watched it’s owner on a snow hillside just months before.

How about y’all, got any sweet shed find stories?

Attachments

• IMG_8606.png
    IMG_8606.png
    9.1 MB · Views: 286
  • IMG_8608.jpeg
    IMG_8608.jpeg
    6.2 MB · Views: 286
  • IMG_8607.jpeg
    IMG_8607.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 288
Very fortunuous. English sometimes has me confused, is a deer shed like a hay shed, because the two aren't related. So I'm adding to the English literature and say it should be a shedd.

Cool find! I’ve seen some funky bulls but haven’t been lucky enough to stumble across their sheds.

This was the day before the opener a few years ago… never saw him after that or he’d be on my wall!
View attachment 328816

View attachment 328815
Never found a super weird elk shed but shot a couple weird bulls. I'd take a weird one any day!

I shot a bull that looks very very similar to that bull.

those are some great shots! I wish I was able to get a better pic of him feeding and milling around

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meatball
Back