Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Montana on the Upswing?

I posted a picture of this little 4x4 buck and got lots of grief for not shooting it 🤦‍♀️ Granted I know how big the bucks can get in here but still. I didn't realize there was no winning in picking what animal I should shoot (though I'm going to be picky regardless).
But hey at least the ebike squad is zooming around taking care of them.
Limited draw for mule deer here but they still haven't come back, kind of sad not to even see them in the high country anymore. Habitat really is a huge factor that I think we often forget the nuances involved in it.
20211122_155121.jpg

I posted a picture of this little 4x4 buck and got lots of grief for not shooting it 🤦‍♀️ Granted I know how big the bucks can get in here but still. I didn't realize there was no winning in picking what animal I should shoot (though I'm going to be picky regardless).
But hey at least the ebike squad is zooming around taking care of them.
Limited draw for mule deer here but they still haven't come back, kind of sad not to even see them in the high country anymore. Habitat really is a huge factor that I think we often forget the nuances involved in it.
View attachment 202679
Good decision.

One of the biologist mentioned in the above post told me the mule deer rut is mainly over by November. That’s what we are up against. Funny how they always mention hunters are very satisfied with the experience.
Wow..... over by November. I watched a dink 3 point breed a doe yesterday and every buck i saw in the last 11 days was rutting. That guy is clueless

Wow..... over by November. I watched a dink 3 point breed a doe yesterday and every buck i saw in the last 11 days was rutting. That guy is clueless
I will not name names but some of those biologists are good. It was not a guy. I was also told we are in our glory days I don’t know how good we have it and if I’m unhappy I need to gain access to private. Does will be bred in December. Over by the beginning of November is simply dumb. Some years it hasn’t even started.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was pretty sure I saw him roll through town today on the back of a wheeler.
Seen him at the gas station by McDonald’s when I was there today. Or his twin. Shoving bags of ice in his chest. 65 degrees

Habitat is a big problem. After multiple fires there's no place to hide a 2 point anymore.... more people, less cover. It's going to get worse until trees come back and a guy in a side by side can't glass a 8 mile area from a hill.
Deer food is not a problem in the big fires, If anything there is more of the plants that deer like to eat. The less cover is the issue. With the hunter numbers, and season we have now any deer that stays on the public is likely to die.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jg722
Back