Advertisement

Montana Archery Elk Research?

Deer heavy in Montana?
In comparison to elk, and yes. A solid population, but it is private land.

I worked hard last, and this summer, to stop a major trespassing and poaching problem. Fencing, cameras, signs and vigorous confrontation seems to have helped.

Last edited:

I worked hard last, and this summer, to stop a major trespassing and poaching problem. Fencing, cameras, signs and vigorous confrontation seems to have helped.
You’re doing better than a lot of large landowners then.

So, how much help do we (I) have to give you before we (I) can come hunt whitetails on your place? 😃

So, how much help do we (I) have to give you before we (I) can come hunt whitetails on your place? 😃

My brother lost to the sun on a nice 5 two years ago. The land has a pile of aspen groves. I spotted him bedded under a tree in the shadows on a North facing slope at about 800 yard from an opposing mountain.

He stalked through the aspens on the opposing South facing slope to find an opening to take a shot. I watched a large streak of sun move slowly like the minute hand of a clock. I tried to use the Force to stop it. It just kept creeping and I kept hoping to hear a shot. As soon as the sun touched him he got up, stretched and headed East away from the sun into more and deeper Aspen. I thought we had him.

I have a ton of work to do next summer thinning deadfall and standing dead…

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishonfleek
Back