Advertisement

Mom, Apple Pie and Commies.

Ben Lamb

Friggin Pinkos. For you younger folks, that was Tricky Dick Nixon's favorite term for commies when he was running for President.

I can think of hundreds of thousands of acres within an hour drive of Bozemna that were acquired, or to which access was preserved, via the LWCF program. Funding the Tenderfoot acquisition would be a great use of this money. As would another access along the Madison face somewhere between Indian Creek and Papoose Creek. How about something more in the south side of the Snowies? Or the north side of the Missouri River Breaks. Or in the Laramie Peaks of WY, Or .........

My LWCF Christmas list is long. They collect almost a billions dollars a year in funds that are to be used for this purpose and they appropriate less than $100 million, siphoning the other 90% to some sort of handout program to one of their consituents. Meanwhile, hunters, anglers, and access take it in the shorts.

Better stop Randy.

Like most everything in DC, they can take the best of intentions and screw it up. As Uncle Boog says about politicians and attorneys, "Not all of them are bad. It's just the 99% that give the rest of them a bad name."

No, please continue. :)

I did have Nixon's voice in my head when I wrote it though.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jassonolive
Back