MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Maybe a way to spend my "Easy money" question

D4570

OK let's start with "easy Money"
I've been supplementing my extracurricular budget
By working security work for a big security company.
I do some fill-in work for the full-timers. But mostly I do "Extra" events. 90% is overnight stuff. Like when a business's fire suppuration system goes down I do fire watch, or an event in our event arena. I watch the Stuff when everyone is gone. Some assignments are 10 to 16-hour shifts. All I have to do is be there, mostly I watch movies or YouTube all night. It's crazy stupid money. I work only the stuff I want to and as much as I want, normally only 4 or 5 assignments a month. June July and the first part of August are packed with fun "work". I do our state fair overnight this is my big pay shifts. I feel this is almost FREE money to me. I put 30% into my "Gas" card for hunting and whatever I want to do. So that's my extra money.
In the past, I have bought guns/ammo, truck add-ons, tools, ext. Normally at the end of the year what I have leftover I put into the household budget.
This year I'm planning on getting a Garmin Chrono.

https://www.amazon.com/Garmin-Chron...nkCode=df0&hvadid=693639835604&hvpos=&hvnetw= g&hvrand=6978468739913177735&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt =&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9021224&hvt argid=pla-2295119493318&psc=1&mcid=87151b4e599e3b5695e998bc4 ce2a0f4&gad_source=1

A Garmin 010-02038-02 DriveSmart 65, Built-In Voice-Controlled GPS Navigator with 6.95” High-Res Display

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MN61RKT/?coliid=I27ER1ES26FJ2F&colid=1QU6XXWE52Z0V&ref_=li st_c_wl_lv_ov_lig_dp_it&th=1

My current Nuvi is 25 years old and quite outdated, so it's time.
Now the questionable one.
I'm thinking about getting a FREQ, the Ultrasonic Game Call,
It's a lot of money, But no more than I would spend on a good Coyote rifle and scope.
https://freqcalls.com/
At $2000 I'm hesitant, but it's with my EASY money so it's an easier decision. I have done a LOT of research on Ultrasonic sounds for calling animals and in my mind, it should work.
I don't know but I think I want to try it.
I know I SHOULD save all the Easy Money for a year and buy a thermal vision scope but, maybe next year...

What do you think?

I've been jonesing for that Garmin Chrono since a fellow at the range demo'd one to me.

Assuming everything else is paid off, or not to be bothered with your fun money, then I'd save money for cool trips!

Cool or fun has different meanings to different people, but I'd use it for fishing trips, hunting trips, cool expensive gear, maybe some expensive glass if I didn't have some already.

Predator hunting sounds like your jam, I'd save for a thermal!

I've been retired for 20 years, wife and I have no bills to speak of. I live in MT I hunt and fish every week. I still have to watch how much I spend on "Fun" stuff but that's why I work a few shifts as I want some $$$. What do you think of the Freq caller?

I've been retired for 20 years, wife and I have no bills to speak of. I live in MT I hunt and fish every week. I still have to watch how much I spend on "Fun" stuff but that's why I work a few shifts as I want some $$$. What do you think of the Freq caller?
Livin' the Dream!

I know nothing about the Freq Caller. It sounds gimmicky, but I don't know anyone who has one. I did see they have a 30 day guarantee. So you should be able to try it out and if you don't think it's worth the $2k, send it back!

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clinebj22
Back