Caribou Gear

Man, that is a big cutthroat!!!

Big Sky

There are a lot of different cutthroat species. The largest are the Lahontan cutthroat that come out of Pyramid Lake in Nevada. However those things are freakishly big and most cutthroat don't look anything like that. Here in Utah where I'm fishing it's mostly Bear Lake strain or Bonneville cutthroats with some Colorado and Yellowstone cutthroat thrown in just for fun. This trout in the photo is a Bear Lake strain cutthroat. They are notorious for being skinny and relatively ugly. This one however is super healthy and the biggest I have ever seen come out of this body of water. In fact, I didn't even know a fish like this existed in this lake anymore. Heckuva a trout for where it was caught and I was all kinds of happy.
Troy Adams 8-2-24ASM.jpg

There are a lot of different cutthroat species. The largest are the Lahontan cutthroat that come out of Pyramid Lake in Nevada. However those things are freakishly big and most cutthroat don't look anything like that. Here in Utah where I'm fishing it's mostly Bear Lake strain or Bonneville cutthroats with some Colorado and Yellowstone cutthroat thrown in just for fun. This trout in the photo is a Bear Lake strain cutthroat. They are notorious for being skinny and relatively ugly. This one however is super healthy and the biggest I have ever seen come out of this body of water. In fact, I didn't even know a fish like this existed in this lake anymore. Heckuva a trout for where it was caught and I was all kinds of happy.
View attachment 338283
Looking Awesome!

What did you catch him on?

The end of his line! Duh

a river runs through it GIF

You're all good men. Don't let anyone on this forum tell you different. If you do, you send em my way and I'll straighten it out for you.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishonfleek
Back