Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Lost in the Woods - Mental recharge season

The draw season is here and it’s looking like incredible so far.

As of right now my September will be maxed out with 2 archery elk tags and 2 archery deer tags.

On top of that there will deer hunting in Missouri, Oklahoma, Kentucky, fishing, turkey hunting, and trapping. Add in a few other random adventures and this might be a fun season to document.

View attachment 323450
The draw season started off swell with an Archery Elk tag in Montana plus the deer tag.

I’m going with a friend who has hunted the unit a few times and has been fairly successful. I’ve never stepped foot in Montana so this should be fun.

View attachment 323451

Next New Mexico gave me a heart attack when I drew an archery elk tag and archery mule deer tag.

The elk unit is one that I hunted in 2020 and took my best bull.

See below

View attachment 323453

The deer unit is near where I use to live when I was stationed in New Mexico and there is a decent population of deer.

Ultimately my goal for this season is to slow down and enjoy my time in the woods/mountains/outdoors.

These past few seasons my brain has been on fire and my body has been on overload from work and life stuff. So it’s time I learn to recharge better and there is no better place to do it.

Hope you enjoy.
100% agree!

Better check the weather and your schedule. It’s going to be grab a snickers time in that country after this week
Hope the mud doesn’t get ya! Pretty soggy around these parts!

We got some rain last night and more coming today. I am getting to experience how much it likes to hold on to your boots and layer up as you walk!

That being said - I got into some elk last night. I had the herd bull at 10 yards in some tall grass, but could only make out his head. His cows were all around me too and it was awesome.

The way they communicate reminds me of public land turkeys. Very silent and low level calls.
Weak bugles (if any), moans, light barks, etc.

The only time they really bugle is if the herd gets busted up.

Back at it today!

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meatball
Back