Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Lost in the Woods - Mental recharge season

So let’s start with yesterday. I did one final check with no success.
So I then decided to get back after it. I did some exploring in an area that I wanted to check for water and I realized that I was dragging butt.
Day 9 in the mountains of getting after it and the mental drain of the non-recovery made me go with the call of a reset night. I drove down to Reserve NM, had a wonderful meal, got a hotel room, and did laundry.

So last night ended with a full belly, I was clean, and I was ready to go today.

IMG_2340.jpegIMG_2342.jpegIMG_2338.jpegIMG_2336.jpeg

Woke up this morning and felt like a brand new person! I was ready to go and felt great.

I hit a lower elevation area that was maybe 30 minutes from the hotel verse driving the hour and change back up to the top of the mountain and jumping into the nasty stuff again.

After a few mews and a bugle a bull fired off and I chose my direction.

I took it slow and every hundred yards or so I would bugle and he would respond.

I did this a few more times to where I was maybe 300 yards away.
I let out another bugle and then a different bugle went off under 100 yards away.
I threw up my Binos and I saw a bull going from my left to right about 70 yards away. He wasn’t on a string to me yet, but he was coming our general direction. I picked a kill spot, did some quick mews and a weak bugle and he came directly down towards me.

Trees were ranged, he his my window (approx 40 yards going to my right to get down wind) and I sent my arrow!

I watched my arrow sink and I threw out a few additional mews to slow him down.

He went maybe 25 yards, stopped, and was on his belly within just a few seconds.

I am so beyond happy and relieved!
My freezer is full and I’m off to my first tag notched for the year.

IMG_2325.jpegIMG_2324.jpegIMG_2316.jpegIMG_2306.jpegIMG_2310.jpeg

My elk is butchered and in the freezer, gear is cleaned and repacked, and my bow is shooting darts.
Tomorrow I coach a soccer game and then make my way towards Malta Montana!

Elk and mule deer better be nervous!

I should also mention I got some great whitetail running around for when I return too. :)

My elk is butchered and in the freezer, gear is cleaned and repacked, and my bow is shooting darts.
Tomorrow I coach a soccer game and then make my way towards Malta Montana!

Elk and mule deer better be nervous!

I should also mention I got some great whitetail running around for when I return too. :)
Goodluck on the soccer game! The rest will be easy after that😂.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Archaic hunter 63
Back