Sitka Gear Optifade Cover

Looking for help with MOA

Drake, that is a handy little label. What kind of paper/material is it printed on?

For you guys that do not have access/knowledge to print a label off a CAD program like Drake4 does here is another approach to making your own labels.

I have used on my practice guns computer envelope self adhesive labels. Cut them to the size (Lenght-width) that you need for your turret. Apply to your turret, go to an office supply store and buy a waterproof pen. Mark your "zero" accordingly and then count number of clicks (Hopefully you have field verified) to the next mark you want and keep going. When you have your turret marked up you then can cut some packaging tape and put over the turret to give it some weather protection. If things change you just peel it off - no mess or residue and start over.

I have a 22LR that I use out to 300 plus yds for practice and have to go 3 revolutions on the turret to get out there. I mark the 1st revoultion on the bottom of turret, 2nd revolution on the top of turret and 3rd revolution is in the center of turret. You can make it any which way that fits your needs.

On a 243 I use for practice I put the come up yardage on the bottom of turret and on the top of turret I put the windage correction at that point for a 10 mph cross wind. If you have 5 mph wind you just use 1/2, if you have a 20 mph wind you double the correction factor.

Build 'em the way you want and when things change just peel it off.

Last edited:
Drake, that is a handy little label. What kind of paper/material is it printed on?

It is just regular paper. I tape it on the turret.

Minnesotahunter said:
I noticed you only have the M1 turret on your vertical turret. What do you use to correct for wind at longer ranges. Hold off with a Mildot Reticle?

I don't shoot longer ranges in the wind and I'm not a big fan of holding off..I like the crosshairs to be on what I'm aiming at. Too much can go wrong when it's windy, it takes a lot of practice and is just another gizmo that I don't want to be carrying with me in order to dope wind.

Too much can go wrong when it's windy, it takes a lot of practice and is just another gizmo that I don't want to be carrying with me in order to dope wind.

Agreed. I like the setup. I have used a similar, but more crude system (white sport tape trimmed down and a ball point pen) on my M1 turrets in the past.

Can't wait to try this out. Have been doing it the old way for years and years. Took 12 pages to print this thread so I can sit down and digest it all. Please be gentle if I post a stupid after reading.

Ya, but you are only in your 30's? I am on the long side of 60. You still have time to learn. I don't, so uphill ++ aim high and if not DRT bad shot. Down hill aim at the knees? Old school, but sad and true. Turrets, I am listening.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rdelgatti
Back