Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Lionheart - A film by Blood Origins

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
Some of you may have seen this film already. It's been part of film premiers in many locations.

Robbie Kroger of Blood Origins has been a leading voice in many of the hunting issues most vulnerable to misinformed media efforts. This is likely the most well-done film ever produced about hounds and houndsmen.

I've been asked why we never film a lion hunt. The reasons are many, but the two primary reasons are, 1) I am not a houndsman and therefore I don't think I can do justice to the real story of lions, hunting, and hounds, and 2) the story, at least to me, is not about treeing a lion and shooting it, rather the story is about the hounds, the houndsmen, and their love of lions.

I think Robbie's work with this film has done justice to the story of houndsmen far beyond any hunt we could ever do. I'm glad he did it. I'm am glad he is using it to raise money, and awareness, for the ballot initiative in Colorado.

I might be a bit biased, knowing many of the people in the film. I hope you watch it and share it with those who have an open mind about lions, hounds, and houndsmen. I know you will enjoy it if you feel like I do, that this entire activity is far deeper than what is often portrayed in media, even hunting media, which I think often does a disservice to these houndsmen and their love of hounds and lions.

Enjoy.

Well done is a under statement, this film was as good as you get, supporting hunting of all kinds is where we need to be a community and as hunters. I am a 3rd generation houndsman & my son is a 4th. I am a lifelong member of the montana state houndsmen & a life member of the Montana Trappers Assoc. We as group here in Montana support all houndsmen, trappers and all hunting in this country and the west and the hunting of big-game predators, we have to be together as all the groups. What is going on in Colorado is a social issue, not a scientific issue, we need get away from the ballot box initiatives when it comes to whether or not we hunt predators in this country with what ever methods we choose to use. Using hounds is a tried and true method of hunting bears, lions and bobcats. We should not to be going against each other as hunters.

Terry L. Zink

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhow1997
Back