Kenetrek Boots

Lionheart - A film by Blood Origins

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
Some of you may have seen this film already. It's been part of film premiers in many locations.

Robbie Kroger of Blood Origins has been a leading voice in many of the hunting issues most vulnerable to misinformed media efforts. This is likely the most well-done film ever produced about hounds and houndsmen.

I've been asked why we never film a lion hunt. The reasons are many, but the two primary reasons are, 1) I am not a houndsman and therefore I don't think I can do justice to the real story of lions, hunting, and hounds, and 2) the story, at least to me, is not about treeing a lion and shooting it, rather the story is about the hounds, the houndsmen, and their love of lions.

I think Robbie's work with this film has done justice to the story of houndsmen far beyond any hunt we could ever do. I'm glad he did it. I'm am glad he is using it to raise money, and awareness, for the ballot initiative in Colorado.

I might be a bit biased, knowing many of the people in the film. I hope you watch it and share it with those who have an open mind about lions, hounds, and houndsmen. I know you will enjoy it if you feel like I do, that this entire activity is far deeper than what is often portrayed in media, even hunting media, which I think often does a disservice to these houndsmen and their love of hounds and lions.

Enjoy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Winchester94
Back