Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Leupold VX-Freedom 3-9x40 Matte Duplex

Well, I have a new buyer for the scope sending a money order. That works. As far as PayPal goes I didn't realize you could use phone numbers. I've always used the email address. I'll look into this. I also would want to try sending a request for payment and start with $1 to make sure it works before sending the rest. I sold @Nick87 some socks recently and it worked then. No idea what happened here. I do hope @Redmt gets it straightened out on his end and mama doesn't knot his head too much!
I've always been leary when sending someone money that I'd have the wrong guy. Will definitely have seller send a request moving forward.

Hah! Send me your email address! I'm going to send you a request for $$$ .
Seriously though, I sent the $$ as a gift. If it was as a normal transaction it would have been covered by the PayPal protection policy. An effort to save 5 bucks cost me 175.00

I just looked it up. Yes you can use the phone number to send money! It just has to be verified by PayPal with the account holder's profile.

PayPal supposedly has a policy against transactions involving firearms related items. The Hammer Bullet company had a big issue with them. I used it once. Never again. mtmuley

That's why you put a code word in the description! Glass for scopes, poppers for ammo, etc. Apparently using gift creates other issues. I have not been charged a fee so far using PayPal so I don't have any experience with such. I have a feeling that this will make a lot of us do things a bit differently and use more precautions for any future sales.

No description needed or asked for when sending a "gift". In the future, it's going to be personal check or money order only. I've taken and sent a few personal checks here without an issue. I have RECEIVED PayPal without any problems. What do you figure the chances are of someone having the exact same spelling of a last name and also being on PayPal?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mpdenham1
Back