Kentucky latest to ban hog hunting.

Hilljackoutlaw

Interesting reasons for the ban. I am interested in seeing the results. I also love how nobody cares from the Peta types. They should be celebrating 🍾 with some Gout de Diamants for this victory.

Interesting reasons for the ban. I am interested in seeing the results. I also love how nobody cares from the Peta types. They should be celebrating 🍾 with some Gout de Diamants for this victory.

Strange. Never thought that hunting would make for more of them🤷‍♂️

If they believe they’re becoming more nocturnal, why aren’t they considering moving to just night hunting?

They should tackle it more like Utah is tackling deer management, make a pile of different zones and experiment over 3 to 5 years.

Last edited:
The best way to get rid of hogs is by trapping them in large corral traps. Eventually, they get wise to those as well. Smart animals for sure.

In our regs a few years back it stated do not shoot feral hogs. Loud noise could disperse them into other counties of the state. Seriously.

Yep shooting at them can make the trapping much harder. They will disperse to other areas and go nocturnal but they still are active during the day at some times.

Some states have no shooting to try and control folks releasing them for sport. If you can't shoot them why release them is their thinking I guess.

Some states have no shooting to try and control folks releasing them for sport. If you can't shoot them why release them is their thinking I guess.

Pretty much this. The states that adopted a "no sport hunting" policy are doing so because people will go to great lengths to increase their opportunity on hogs. It's no different than bucket biologists who dump walleye in trout lakes, etc.

By creating the opportunity and licenses for hogs, you create advocates for hog hunting (not conservation). States are trying to not make hog hunting part of their wildlife culture and it's a good thing. Feral hogs are invasive and cause ecological & agricultural issues. Managing them is going to look much different than other species.

This has been the approach taken in Kansas. There are pockets of wild hogs along the Oklahoma border, and sporadic sightings elsewhere, but so far Kansas doesn't have near the infestation that is seen in OK. Landowners are encouraged to report any sightings, and immediate control steps are undertaken to eradicate all hogs if possible.

I think you'd find many amongst professional wildlife bios that would quickly disagree.
Yeah look no further than Texas. Out of control hog populations. Millions in crop and property destruction. Complaining from all corners… Except from those profiting off the perpetuation of the problem. Eliminating the incentive is smart.

Complaining from all corners… Except from those profiting off the perpetuation of the problem. Eliminating the incentive is smart.
If only there was another activity with adverse ecological side effects to wildlife known to biologists that could be addressed by eliminating the incentive….🤔 (full hijack.. 🫣)
01023693-037E-40D3-B4A9-C6555684A920.jpeg

Hogs weren't a problem when everyone killed them without restriction to methods nor access.

I respectfully disagree, there are ZERO laws regarding hogs in Georgia and our problem is as bad as anybody's.
Most places where there are hogs in GA you, yourself, cannot access to kill them. Nor can most others.

Land mines. I'd like to see them figure that one out.
D_M-O0YXkAMvR4T.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TrentR
Back