PEAX Equipment

Jordan Peterson interview

Marshian

I will preface this by saying I’m not at all a fan of Jordan Peterson. I find him very elusive and vague in most of his statements. To me, he enjoys wowing his audience with his impressive vocabulary, but when you parse through it, the substance is often lacking. It almost seems like he doesn’t want to be pinned down as that may hurt his fame and pocketbook.

Despite this, he was recently interviewed by a very brilliant young man named Alex O’Connor, about his beliefs and skepticism. I found it quite entertaining, although certain points were definitely frustrating as Peterson again trues so hard to deflect. The host does a very good job of reining him in and re-orienting him though. Thought some of you may enjoy.

You can YouTube it or here’s a podcast link that should work. It’s not quite two hours.

I will preface this by saying I’m not at all a fan of Jordan Peterson. I find him very elusive and vague in most of his statements. To me, he enjoys wowing his audience with his impressive vocabulary, but when you parse through it, the substance is often lacking. It almost seems like he doesn’t want to be pinned down as that may hurt his fame and pocketbook.

Despite this, he was recently interviewed by a very brilliant young man named Alex O’Connor, about his beliefs and skepticism. I found it quite entertaining, although certain points were definitely frustrating as Peterson again trues so hard to deflect. The host does a very good job of reining him in and re-orienting him though. Thought some of you may enjoy.

You can YouTube it or here’s a podcast link that should work. It’s not quite two hours.

*blocked*

His psychology stuff is ok but he’s largely a guru and a charlatan. I tried reading his 12 Rules for Life book and it’s really just super generic self help stuff and quit halfway thru.

Once a public intellectual delves into culture war bullshit I generally start tuning them out.

I have to wonder who OP is a fan of. Not judging just wondering.

I recently discovered Alex O'Connor as well. His debates with Ben Shapiro are also good. He's sharp and respectful and no matter what your beliefs, he's a great example of how to have a respectful and productive conversation... which is rare.

I have to wonder who OP is a fan of. Not judging just wondering.
Is this in regard to something more specific or just in general? Lately I’ve been curious about theology and stuff. So in that regard; Alex OConnor, Sam Harris, and Paulogia.

Is this in regard to something more specific or just in general? Lately I’ve been curious about theology and stuff. So in that regard; Alex OConnor, Sam Harris, and Paulogia.

Respectfully, if you’re curious about theology and faith, looking for answers from folks who are skeptics rather than proponents is going to trend toward a skewed conclusion.

That is a good episode that you linked to in the OP.

Respectfully, if you’re curious about theology and faith, looking for answers from folks who are skeptics rather than proponents is going to trend toward a skewed conclusion.

That is a good episode that you linked to in the OP.
Whereas only looking for answers from proponents will lead to results that aren’t skewed at all 😉

Why even post this on a hunting forum??

Why even post this on a hunting forum??
Same reason half the posts in the “Fireside” section get posted. He’s a prominent figure and it was an entertaining or informative interview to at least a handful of members, feel free to scroll on if it’s not to your liking. But people constantly post non-hunting things in this section.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TrentR
Back