It’s a SUPER 70’s Friday tunage

1970, 15 and I start PHS. 5700 students, bussing and football in the Rosebowl.
I'm sitting in the shade of the sign in front of the school. Lunch.
A guy climbs the wall and sits above me and he starts playing the trash can. Alex is soon joined by his bro Eddie and a concert breaks out.
Alex invites me to a party where they will be playing. We never got close. The LASO and Arcadia police are trying to remove thousands of HS kids. VH.

1972 and I am in a boat with brothers playing Isley Bro's and Dock of the Bay. 8 tracks of Creedence, Doors, Pink Floyd, Jimi. The blues.

1975 and a band named Heart opens for Brother Bob at the Palladium. Steve Miller is the middle act.
A good friends bro is a drummer and we go see him play. Jim Keltner introduces me to Leon Russel and Joe Cocker. Mad Dogs and Englishmen start.
Buddies own the Handlebars Saloon,Stray Cats house band. Next door is the Icehouse where I go to see John Prine for the 1st time.

My bro is a record company guy and I get free albums and tickets from 1972 on...the Troubador and Linda. A new band called the Eagles.
Topanga and Neil Young. Joni,Joni,Joni...
The Mothers and Frank. Creedence. ELO. Marshall Tucker. The Allman bros @ Filmore West.
Low Spark of High Healed Boys. John Lee Hooker. BB. Santana.
The Isley Bros play local churches. Marvin is big.

I'm living on a ranch outside SLO town. Concerts and parties. We hand out invites to all the Polydollies. Hot tub. BBQ.
Post big show in town and Gladys Knight and the Pips pop by for BBQ, the Starship soon joins. Jackson Brown. No Nukes folks.
The SLOSO shuts down our party,peacefully.
Emmy Lou and Linda at the Rose Garden Ballroom. Steely Dan and Doobie Bros at the Camp San Luis auditorium. Creedence and JP.

Here I am today. I made it.
The list of bands I never saw far outweighs the seen.
But I got to see some of the best of the 70's. & a hundred albums.

1n 1970 I was 1 !!!! ha ha ha , in high school I got sucked into the hair metal bands, and that was all I thought was good, but I remembered the 70s songs from the radio in elementary school growing up and then once I got older and started branching out into different genres of music I started going back into the 70s and listening to all that stuff, it’s the best decade, and I’m still learning 70’s music

1. 70’s
2. 60’s
3. 80’s
4. Any other decade

1n 1970 I was 1 !!!! ha ha ha , in high school I got sucked into the hair metal bands, and that was all I thought was good, but I remembered the 70s songs from the radio in elementary school growing up and then once I got older and started branching out into different genres of music I started going back into the 70s and listening to all that stuff, it’s the best decade, and I’m still learning 70’s music

1. 70’s
2. 60’s
3. 80’s
4. Any other decade
Friday music on HT will continue to be a good sampler for music from these decades. Especially the 70s, as long as I am able to contribute. 2 seminal voices from that decade, JP and JB. RIP.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backpackeb
Back