Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

It is Glorious

TOGIE

I finally visited Buc-ee's.

I needed some chow for an evening of glassing looking for mule deer to miss or injure with my bow.

What a glorious establishment. Will return. The crappers are impeccable - there are more toilets in there than an NFL stadium.

It is certainly a place designed top to bottom for @The Hedgehog

IMG_7454.jpg

I go right by one at the Highway 380 to I35E to Dallas cutoff...just driving by gives me gas pump agoraphobia.

the concept of always having the choice of 400 different pumps at a wonderful price coupled with phenomenally crunchy, hot, salty tater tots and barbeque breakfast tacos in the morning is seemingly stirring the opposite feeling in me.

the crowds of people lined up to take pictures next to the Buc-ee statue? that stirs feelings of both quiet rage and a hesitation to enter the establishment, however.

Alas, while Beaver Nuggets may prove to be the equivalent of nitrous oxide in The Fast and The Furious for striding with ease up to glassing knobs, they do not prove to be buck attractant.

But, bull attractant?

IMG_7432.jpg

IMG_7438.jpg

However, the high school kid with his sister who was looking for a bear who i briefly hiked in with before parting ways to ascend different ridges did tell me as we talked at the trailhead after dark that they busted 3 or 4 bucks on the way up their ridge. Apparently he ran back down a ways to see if he could see me and wave me over, but I was long out of sight. One nice 3x4 in the group. Later, he did have nice sow with cubs at 350 yards, showed me some cool pics. Productive and enjoyable evening notwithstanding nobody having anything to shoot in front of them.

Like buc-ee's, will return.

TBH some time ago the food they made there was so good. I'm talking the wraps, sandwiches, bbq, kolaches.. Everything. Sometime between when I moved away from Texas and when I last returned, they changed up their fresh, home-cooked tasty meal options with what I presume to be mass produced sysco delivered crap.

For those of you who have not been to the pre-pandemic bucees I apologize.

Never seen them in these parts, maybe I'll come across one on my way to New Mexico. I'll keep my eyes open.

TBH some time ago the food they made there was so good. I'm talking the wraps, sandwiches, bbq, kolaches.. Everything. Sometime between when I moved away from Texas and when I last returned, they changed up their fresh, home-cooked tasty meal options with what I presume to be mass produced sysco delivered crap.

For those of you who have not been to the pre-pandemic bucees I apologize.
Wrong. The ones near here still cook it fresh, chop/slice the meat on full display, and make it all right there as far as I can tell.

Just lovely

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlpineCB
Back