Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Im Hitting the Road

Now come on Kraven,, don't be like that about our glorious state..Just take a good look at all it offers :D

1) One of the highest taxes in the nation
2) We are in the top 5 in unemployment
3) One of the lowest elk kill states
4) Some of the most screwed up hunting/fishing regs. I have had the privlege to read
5) We even let Indians hunt in winter feeding areas, after all hunting seasons are closed to everyone else, so they can get their one elk per member of the family..

Now don't you feel better??? :mad:

Hunterman(Tony)

Now come on Tony...
It aint that bad
I bet Rhode Island and Hawii have a worse kill rate than Washington... :D

LOL... I hunted there for a lot of a lot of years, I know what the kill ratios are, and you are absolutly right, they are very very bad. I wonder why I got out of there and came over here..

Thats why I haven't hunted elk in this state for the last 15 years...I'd rather spend my money to hunt out-of-state and at least have a half ass chance of getting one... So far everytime I've hunted another state I've got elk
hump.gif

Hunterman(Tony)

It's probably actually cheaper in the long run, tag soup gets pretty spendy after a number of years.

One elk in well,, I've only killed one elk in this state in all the years I've been hunting... And my dad never did kill one...

Hunterman(Tony)

Tag Soup??? I've eaten my (over the counter tag, National Forest tag, Washington State tag) 13 times in the last 22 years. Some of those, I passed on bulls I could have taken. Some of those I passed the shot to someone that had yet to fill an Elk tag ever. Don't condemn our State, till you have hunted it.

Sure you may be able to do better in another state.
If you’re willing to put in the time and effort that others do in the west to bag an elk, there's no reason, one doesn't have at least a 50/50 chance of filling a tag here in Washington.

Just My Opinion
WW

LOL Wapiti your just trying to get more out of staters buying tags... ;) :D
Almost every thing I know about hunting was self taught, all the books I read didn't really tell me any thing, especially those written before the mid 70's. Plus with the short seasons and years I didn't know how to really go about chasing elk, I could say now, with a good certainty, that I could score way more often than I did in the past. Chasing elk is a different ball game now for me all together then it was back when I still lived in Washington.... :D

Your right WW,,,,Maybe I just need to hunt Washington a little more.. Not that I've lived here since 1963, running the woods with my dad starting in 1964, and started carring a rifle in 1973( When we could also used a bow and muzzel loader)..Guided in Washington from 1978-1982. The time I spent in the woods almost cost me my marriage, but what the hay...Maybe I'm just not doing it right....

By the way,, with you being in Port Orchard, and me in Spanaway, well hell we're just acrossed the bridge each other...We should get together some time and try to drain the coffee out of Washington..
hump.gif
:D

Hunterman(Tony)

I don't think that would be possible with all the yuppies you guy's are neighbors with, brining it in by the container ship full... :eek: :D

Thats not the coffee coming in on the container ships Russ...Those are the illegal ailens from the Orient
hump.gif
:D :D

Hunterman(Tony)

LOL!!! Tony your so Smart...Can I be your freind...LMAO!!! :D :D :D
P.S. Your probably right... ;)

I've got a cousin that has an antique shop down by the water. Stop on in and take a visit, he alway's likes when people do that...
Just ask for Dan...

Back