Idaho Unit 8A EATS

Dwreckers

You read that right Idaho unit 8a whitetail hunt in November with me myself and I for 10 days. I'm wondering if in this section of Idaho anyone has any good eats? I'll be camping in my truck being mobile so I'll make my way all over the unit. Will be coming back into some of the towns for gas/supplies so figured why not grab a good hot meal if there are any.

Also anything to stop and eat on the way there coming from NW WA

I can’t think of anything that’s truly special, sorry. Maybe the most unique place is The Pie Safe in Deary if you like fancy cheese

Not a lot of options. Also depends where you’re going to be. You might be down by Orofino or up by Deary or Potlatch. Orofino has more places to eat but I can’t think of anything recommendable.

Not a lot of options. Also depends where you’re going to be. You might be down by Orofino or up by Deary or Potlatch. Orofino has more places to eat but I can’t think of anything recommendable.
Friend of mine in orofino loves House of Juju. Never personally been but it does look good from pictures

It was a spur of the moment thing. We were texting back and forth and realized he was in his way down and I was headed up. Timed it pretty well that Grangeville was half way between where he was and where I was.

Sorry no ping.
Welcome back. From beyond.

Place isn’t the same without you

The Breakfast Club in Moscow is good if you can get in.
Alehaus Moscow has killer burgers. - if you can get in.
Patty's Kitchen or Casa Lopez in Moscow are both decent Mexican food - if you can get in.
Bucer's Moscow has Guiness cake to die for - if you can get in.
The Pie Safe in Deary has been mentioned. They have a full menu, but this is where you buy fancy cheeses to take home for gifts.

Potlatch has a food truck called the Savory Bee. Good burgers but the worst fries on earth, IMHO.
Also a bar called Codi Jo's Wagon Wheel which serves breakfast and lunch. It's not bad

Big Timber Cafe in Harvard. I've never been but my granddaughter likes it. They are open when they are open. They post their schedule a couple of days in advance on Facebook.

Gas station pizza in most small towns. Drive up coffee virtually everywhere. Almost every town has a bar that will make a burger.

Most of these places will take you stinky in camo. If you go to Pullman they may want you to shower.

As far as food along the way, are you on I-90 all the way or coming over Hwy 2? Hwy 26? I advise you stay on I-90 as long as you can. Cut over at Sprague, WA. Be careful on Hwy 23, some of those corners will ruin you if you hit them too fast. Hwy 26 is the preferred route for WSU kids traveling home and back. It backs up and folks get aggressive and stupid.

Idle Hour Quincy - Don't waste your time anywhere else in Quincy.
Michael's on the Lake Moses Lake - Fancy and very good.
Caverna Royal City - bring cash
South Fork Cafe Pullman - if you can get in.
Birch and Barley Pullman - the best rare steak if you can get in.
The Palouse Caboose , Palouse, WA - Great sandwiches.

If you are coming in on Hwy 26, nothing from Othello to Colfax. Plan accordingly. There is Chester chicken at the gas station at 26 & 395. Surprisingly good but truck stop expensive.

You may have noticed a lot of "If you can get in". University students pack all the best places in Moscow and Pullman.

Patty's Kitchen or Casa Lopez in Moscow are both decent Mexican food - if you can get in.
The Pie Safe in Deary has been mentioned. They have a full menu, but this is where you buy fancy cheeses to take home for gifts.

Potlatch has a food truck called the Savory Bee. Good burgers but the worst fries on earth, IMHO.
Also a bar called Codi Jo's Wagon Wheel which serves breakfast and lunch. It's not bad

Big Timber Cafe in Harvard. I've never been but my granddaughter likes it. They are open when they are open. They post their schedule a couple of days in advance on Facebook.

Gas station pizza in most small towns. Drive up coffee virtually everywhere. Almost every town has a bar that will make a burger.

Most of these places will take you stinky in camo. If you go to Pullman they may want you to shower.

As far as food along the way, are you on I-90 all the way or coming over Hwy 2? Hwy 26? I advise you stay on I-90 as long as you can. Cut over at Sprague, WA. Be careful on Hwy 23, some of those corners will ruin you if you hit them too fast. Hwy 26 is the preferred route for WSU kids traveling home and back. It backs up and folks get aggressive and stupid.

If you are coming in on Hwy 26, nothing from Othello to Colfax. Plan accordingly. There is Chester chicken at the gas station at 26 & 395. Surprisingly good but truck stop expensive.

You may have noticed a lot of "If you can get in". University students pack all the best places in Moscow and Pullman.
Very detailed 👌
May try my luck with one or some

There’s a Mexican food truck by the grainery in Moscow that’s good too.

There’s a Mexican food truck by the grainery in Moscow that’s good too.
They moved it farther back but it is still there, hiding behind the fancy silo turned coffee house.

Forgot Gambino's italian on 6th. I love it, but some in the family say their food is too heavy.

There used to be a place called the Elk Tavern in Bovill. This would be in the early 80s and I was maybe 13 or 14. My dad and I killed a buck early and stopped there for a late breakfast. I remember to bleary-eye, hungover pair of loggers sitting at the bar. First one said, "I'll take bacon and eggs... and a can of Bud." His buddy looked at him like he was crazy and said, "I'll take sausage and eggs... and a can of Bud." Such were the glory days of fine dining in Bovill.

Also Orofino. Stopping by the A & W with my high school buddies after a week backpacking in the Mallard-Larkin and slurping down every drop of ice cream the place had. That's a lot of ice cream.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dulcedom
Back