I went on my cow hunt, yahoo.

Idaho Ron

I was so excited :rolleyes:
Anyway, We got to camp thursday and on friday morning we found our elk. We took our time getting to them because the wind was bad. I took this picture above the fog. I named this picture Brigadoon.
231116.jpg

We moved on up the hill and found a few big old cows out in the open that evening. We got into place and had a 300 yard shot just minutes before dark. My friend John took the first shot and I heard the bullet hit. Before my cow could get away I sent a 140 gr Hornady 270 through her. The bullet hit her flank and traveled the full length of her body. It took out a piece of her left lung and took out a big chunk of the right lung. The bullet lodged under the skin on the off side. Talk about penetration from a non-magnum. The bullet weighed 83 grains when I took it out. Here is a picture of my cow, if you look in the upper right corner you can see daylight showing through the fog and clouds.
231119.jpg

Here is a picture of John's cow.
231121.jpg

I was not too thrilled about this hunt but it happened quickly and I got back to do some real hunting,, Chukar hunting! Now that is what hunting is all about. Pointing dogs and sneaky birds. More about that in the upland section. Ron

Congradulations on the double header Ron. :) AT least you have the memories of a good hunt with a good friend. :):)
Quick Draw

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jg722
Back