Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Hydration drinks?

I'll look into trying some of these suggestions, except for the snow. :rolleyes: I kind of intended this for a daily drink/refreshment type of item but didn't make that clear. Now that I've looked into it I might have to pick some up for workouts as well as throughout the day. Cut out diet sodas except for an occasional one here and there to use up what I have left. Thanks!
I liked hammer recoverite in the past after a workout. I haven’t tried the newer 2 version but was planning to order some. I always went with the orange flavor

Cramp like crazy for seemingly no reason when out. I’ve had best results with liquid IV. 1 pack per 32 oz or so.

Welch's concord grape juice is my go-to for my hunting pack. It has a higher antioxidant value than acai juice which is considered one of the superfoods and high levels of electrolytes too. If I'm going to drink water I want it to be proper plain water, and if I'm going to drink something with flavor I want it to have flavor and not be too mild. The grape juice is a nice energizing pick-me-up on a long hike and then I pack water as well.

I work as an environmental laborer building pipelines. We sweat our tail off.

Safety gives us squenchers, Pedialyte,and electrolyte tablets. I also buy liquid IV.

In all honesty other than Gatorade which I seldom drink anymore. I've never heard of half of this stuff. I usually drink water, am I missing something?
Yes, if your pushing physical limits definitely helps. Next time you kick the shat out of yourself and are completely soaked try a standard liquid IV in 30oz+(to taste) bottle. They are cheap relatively, $22for 30 at costco or about $1 each at wally.

Yes, if your pushing physical limits definitely helps. Next time you kick the shat out of yourself and are completely soaked try a standard liquid IV in 30oz+(to taste) bottle. They are cheap relatively, $22for 30 at costco or about $1 each at wally.
I'll relay this to the wife.

I'll relay this to the wife.
A product like re-lyte also helps you replenish your minerals and helps your body better absorb the water. My wife is a health freak hippy chick and that is what she told me to drink. LMNT is her “switch things up” option but says it’s not as beneficial. I use it at work and keeps me going through the day. I used to get bisep and forearm cramps daily in the summer because of my job but haven’t since I got that stuff. It also encourages me to drink more and it tastes good but doesn’t have all the sugar and fillers like some of the other options.

I try and drink a ton of water but still crave something flavored everyday. A Coke or real-sugar Pepsi is what I want. I use a liquid IV once a day, some sqwinchers powder at work and MIO in my water bottle often. It’s nice to change things up. Blueberry lemonade Mio is awesome.

Last edited:
A product like re-lyte also helps you replenish your minerals and helps your body better absorb the water. My wife is a health freak hippy chick and that is what she told me to drink. LMNT is her “switch things up” option but says it’s not as beneficial. I use it at work and keeps me going through the day. I used to get bisep and forearm cramps daily in the summer because of my job but haven’t since I got that stuff. It also encourages me to drink more and it tastes good but doesn’t have all the sugar and fillers like some of the other options.
Plus the ReLyte is Redmond UT salt —the best there is!

I'm a runner and drink a Wilderness Athlete Superman (Energy & Focus and Hydrate & Recover) before each run. If I'm going on a longer run, especially if it's hot, I'll take a GU Gel about half way. Then I'll drink a Hydrate & Recover when I get home. I'll usually eat Pringles or salted nuts too when I get home. Replenishing salts is critical during exercise and recovery.

For example, my run on Sunday was estimated to result in over 2 liters of sweat.

Screenshot_20240831_222509_Connect.jpg

You've gotta get all that replaced, not just the water.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meatball
Back