MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Hydration drinks?

Dave N

I've been a Gatorade/Powerade guy (zero sugar) and recently had a no sugar Bodyarmor. Tasted pretty good! I see it has a bunch of vitamins and stuff in it that the others don't. Beneficial and worth the switch or no big difference between them? I'm not interested in spending big bucks for stuff I'm just going to sweat out so this stuff is a good diet soda replacement for me.

Looks like the body armor has alot of potassium which is very useful. Powered has much less potassium but more sodium. I prefer liquid iv for the potassium and sodium, but that's anecdotal to my personal performance.

For electrolyte drink the general consensus is to look for potassium, sodium, magnesium and chloride.
Some people get enough of these in their own diet and don't need some of the boosts.

I use Wilderness Athlete Hydrate and Recover, along with some LMNT powder. Fill my Camelbak with it in the morning and chase elk all day through the mountains.

edited to add: Wilderness Athlete Discount code is "20YEARS" for 30% discount.

Last edited:
I personally consider them more of a refreshment than a performance booster, but that doesn't take away from the positive mental effect I get from a cold swig of something. I try to eat some fruit to help with my nutrition needs (bananas have been helpful with cramps for me). I do really like the Body Armor over Gatorade and Powerade though, very tasty.

I've been a Gatorade/Powerade guy (zero sugar) and recently had a no sugar Bodyarmor. Tasted pretty good! I see it has a bunch of vitamins and stuff in it that the others don't. Beneficial and worth the switch or no big difference between them? I'm not interested in spending big bucks for stuff I'm just going to sweat out so this stuff is a good diet soda replacement for me.
Pedialyte single packs or the Walmart equivalent brand. I use them religiously when cycling long distances or racing and when hunting the high country. I’ve tried nearly everything and this combo works the best for me. Also, if cramps are common you might want to throw a few packs of soy sauce in your pack (from the Chinese takeout place) since a packet chased by water it will help you recover quickly.

For more moderate exercise and hunting I flavor my water with Propel singles.

Cheers!

I'll look into trying some of these suggestions, except for the snow. :rolleyes: I kind of intended this for a daily drink/refreshment type of item but didn't make that clear. Now that I've looked into it I might have to pick some up for workouts as well as throughout the day. Cut out diet sodas except for an occasional one here and there to use up what I have left. Thanks!

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacksoncsalmon
Back