Hunter Access Study

Joseph Peterson

This is quite long and I have only started into it. I was one of the participants. I own a farm, hunt on both public and private land and conducted outfitting and guiding on both public and private land so they were interested in my perspectives. They interviewed about 50 people to compile the study. I don't know how it would apply to other states as this is specifically about Idaho.

Attachments

• report_HunterAccess__formatted_FINAL_4distribution_-protected.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 51
This is quite long and I have only started into it. I was one of the participants. I own a farm, hunt on both public and private land and conducted outfitting and guiding on both public and private land so they were interested in my perspectives. They interviewed about 50 people to compile the study. I don't know how it would apply to other states as this is specifically about Idaho.

I stopped and went directly to the end when it said "We interviewed 41 hunters across Idaho." Better to just give me the responses of the 41 hunters. It would be shorter. The recommendations at the end are hard to disagree with.

If you're wondering how this study might apply to other states, there are often parallels in terms of issues like land access, conservation, and wildlife management, though every state has unique regulations and challenges. States with a high proportion of public land, like Montana, Wyoming, and Colorado, might share some similarities in terms of managing land use and hunting practices. On the other hand, states with more private land might have different dynamics when it comes to outfitting and guiding.

Back