Caribou Gear

Hunt Swap 2.0

belshawelk

Since I drew a tag this year I will not be hunting cows on my property.

If you are interested in trying for a cow I am willing to swap for hunting or fishing trip.

Oregon Northside unit, damage guaranteed tags. Little expensive for an out of state hunter but you ll have a great time ( if your in shape) and have a 50% chance at a cow. Long season tag.

PM and we can discuss real time.

Last edited:
Since I drew a tag this year I will not be hunting cows on my property.

If you are interested in trying for a cow I am willing to swap for hunting or fishing trip.

Northside unit, damage guaranteed tags. Little expensive for an out of state hunter but you ll have a great time ( if your in shape) and have a 50% chance at a cow. Long season tag.

PM and we can discuss real time.
Nice offer, I hope someone takes you up on it.

Could you define "in shape"? Round is a shape. Is 72yrs. plus an extra 25-30# not a good enough shape?
I drive through his country regularly, if you look at rough ground and say “lets go” no one else is likely in there” you’re golden. If you ask do the elk come down by the river, well, it will look pretty intimidating.

Could you define "in shape"? Round is a shape. Is 72yrs. plus an extra 25-30# not a good enough shape?
Well my father in law made it up the hill last year. He’s 73 and definitely has a few extra pounds. So much is more doable than people think if you just take it slow. It’s not that bad. Just need to be smart of you have to pack out. Most areas pretty accessible by quad.

We just cut up the one from last week. Ended up with 70# deboned meat for sausage and snack sticks and 15-20# in the brine for smoked ham-ish bacon-ish meat that is great for sandwiches and omelets etc. I'll smoke it next week.
That's pretty good size hog.

I didn't shoot this one. My buddy had a guest that got it. He took the head, back strap and a front quarter and didn't want the rest! 3-3/4" tusks. I hate trophy hunters that waste the rest of the animal. He asked me if I wanted it. So hell yes. Free meat is Free meat!
6052.jpeg

NEW Sitka Ambient 75

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clinebj22
Back