PEAX Equipment

How long?

44 days and counting

The first trip is kind of a light one. Taking my 9 and 7 yr olds out for the opening weekend of archery. Just going to hunt around camp and get him and his sister some fishing/hunting/camping time.

It'll be good to get out. September is for elk, October antelope, November deer. Looking forward to this fall.

Aug 30 opener here.

I'll try a few weekends with a bow in Idaho and likely 3rd season CO with my daughter.

Feel obligated to kill a bull this year to keep the streak alive….but kinda looking at other things this year
Let the streak die man! Streaks are bad! Most freeing thing I ever did was end the streak. I think my buddy would say the same thing and he had like a 28 year streak that ended a few years ago

I will be hunting Bull Elk on Sept 1st in NV with my smoke pool.

Heading out August 2nd to do some scouting and confirm research.

Still not sure when the peak of the rut typically happens in northern NV.

Been thinking about nothing but elk since I drew. Can't wait to hear bugles!
Never hunted big 6 for elk myself, but you should hear bugles early and late. The later you get into the season the more they should bugle during daylight hours (or they will feel the hunting pressure and just bugle at night and midday).

Just got home from last elk scout trip and am fired up ( heard/watched raghorns try to bugle). First tags start 15 August, I will start with muzzy antelope then swap to archery elk as it cools down. Welcome to the busy season! Good luck guys

Over a year 😕. I’m a non resident to elk states so I go every other year.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clinebj22
Back