Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Heads up Bozemanites

Oops, no offense Mike.Unfortunately Belgrade has morphed in to a rat hole in many respects.There still are decent folks within.Three Forks has its share of rapists, child molesters,cop killers,murderers, etc etc.

I made the mistake of buying a place in River Rock before I moved out here for good. Quickly learned what a dump the place is. There are a handful of decent folks but I'm itching to get out of here. It's been a good learning experience to say the least.

Spent the last two days fishing YNP.Wow,the crowds were unflipping believable.Yesterday had to escape humanity and hike in to a place you are familiar with.Slow fishing until the rain settled in, and the streamer bite picked up.My wife and girl were huddled under some trees glaring at me as I begged for one more cast.In my haste to finish up and un-rig managed to snap the tip on my 10' rod.GRRR, first broken rod in over 30 years.Easily fixed,though.

I had a buddy in town two weeks ago and sent him down there on his way to Jackson Hole. He said it was relatively slow too. He was only down there for an hour or two before it started dumping and a mud plug came in from upstream. I felt bad for him because I had talked it up the whole time he was here. Hell, we caught over 20 on a mouse when I was down there a month ago.

The dry fly bite was non-existent. The nymph bite equally slow.But bright yellow streamers seemed to invigorate them while it was raining.

I made the mistake of buying a place in River Rock before I moved out here for good. Quickly learned what a dump the place is. There are a handful of decent folks but I'm itching to get out of here. It's been a good learning experience to say the least.

At least you know some decent folks in there, I don't know anyone cool in River Rock.

Kenetrek Boots

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeoregonhunter
Back