Has anyone played with the Magnus 150gr single bevel?

Not yet, but I really want to get some. Feel obligated to do so, since I emailed about them a couple years ago.

Already have 125gr points, so it wouldn’t be much change at all. I think the biggest challenge will be sharpening the curved blade freehand- I’m not going to spring for a fancy jig.

Not yet, but I really want to get some. Feel obligated to do so, since I emailed about them a couple years ago.

Already have 125gr points, so it wouldn’t be much change at all. I think the biggest challenge will be sharpening the curved blade freehand- I’m not going to spring for a fancy jig.
I got one of the Lansky knife sharpener kits years ago.
Works really well for knives and razor blades.
I use it on my Magnus Black Hornet Ser-razors.

Only 2 shops within 50 miles carry Magnus. The one wanted $55 for a 3 pack of the single bevel.
The other has them for $46.
So I picked up a pack.

I've been shooting Crimson Talon Cleaver 150s. The Magnus is dang near a copy/paste. They fly pretty well though I think I'm underspined and haven't had a chance to try a stiffer arrow.

I like Magnus the brand as they stand behind their product and if you damage them they'll replace them which is a great deal these days. I'd definitely give them a try if you're looking for an inexpensive single bevel.

The way my buddy's black hornets and my stingers have performed, I'd definitely give them a try if I was gonna go single bevel.
I shoot the 125gr Black Hornet Ser-razors with bleeders on 250 spline Carbon Express Blue MZ.

Total pass through. Good blood trails. But in all honesty, furthest track was 40 yards.

I shoot the 125gr Black Hornet Ser-razors with bleeders on 250 spline Carbon Express Blue MZ.

Total pass through. Good blood trails. But in all honesty, furthest track was 40 yards.
Who needs a blood trail when you can watch them fall?

But I’m a fan of Magnus.

I’ve shot a bunch of critters with stingers and a couple with black hornets. There are a couple things with the stingers that I wish they would change but overall good stuff.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rut
Back