Yeti GOBOX Collection

Hardcore DIY Solo Ultralight Backcountry Montana General Elk Camp Preparations

MTLabrador

It’s finally time. I’m heading into the Redacted Range next week in pursuit of a bull elk. I’m not backpacking, I’m bringing the wall tent and wood stove.

Weapons have already been decided. I’m packing the tang safety Ruger in .338 Win Mag. Backup will be my .30-06. Shooting 225 grain Barnes TTSX and 180 grain Nosler ballistic tips respectively. Backup to the backup is a S&W .44 mag with 240 grain hardcasts. There will be grizzlies around.

The hard part of my decision is the hydration plan. How much beer should I plan on bringing for a 6 day elk hunt in and around a wilderness area to stay hydrated? What type of beer should I bring? Should I supplement with Pendleton?

Feel free to share your opening weekend preparations and hydration strategies.

IMG_2047.jpeg

With my last name being Pendleton, I say bring at least one of those in. Has to be good luck!

It’s finally time. I’m heading into the Redacted Range next week in pursuit of a bull elk. I’m not backpacking, I’m bringing the wall tent and wood stove.

Weapons have already been decided. I’m packing the tang safety Ruger in .338 Win Mag. Backup will be my .30-06. Shooting 225 grain Barnes TTSX and 180 grain Nosler ballistic tips respectively. Backup to the backup is a S&W .44 mag with 240 grain hardcasts. There will be grizzlies around.

The hard part of my decision is the hydration plan. How much beer should I plan on bringing for a 6 day elk hunt in and around a wilderness area to stay hydrated? What type of beer should I bring? Should I supplement with Pendleton?

Feel free to share your opening weekend preparations and hydration strategies.

View attachment 345370
Miller Lite

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sequimsm
Back