NEW SITKA Ambient 75

GSP Puppy - The Adventure Begins

My GSP has the same head splash. Pretty cool. He's far and away my favorite dog ever but easily the most destructive. He's a little over 3 years old and I'm still waiting for him to grow up and stop eating my leather gloves and chewing the handles off my tools.

Hey all,

This will be a thread i plan to update regularly as the adventures with our new pup, Berkeley, progress. We pick her up next week from Teton Bird Dogs in Idaho Falls and cannot wait! Here is the most recent picture we have of her. Stay tuned!

View attachment 82857

Hey @WBouldin, how is the dog doing now and how was your experience with Teton Bird Dogs? I am also looking at getting a puppy from them and looking for feedback.

Beautiful dog by the way.

Hey @WBouldin, how is the dog doing now and how was your experience with Teton Bird Dogs? I am also looking at getting a puppy from them and looking for feedback.

Shes a great dog. Better house dog than hunter but that’s on me. Teton is a borderline puppy mill and we had some weird experiences picking her up. She was really sick for the first 3 weeks with coccidia and giardia both of which pointed back to conditions she was in. Owner blamed it on the fact he had a new helper while he went on vacation but was just weird vibes all around. She’s a great dog though.

Roanwerks my sister and BIL just got two great dogs about six months ago from a breeder I don’t know. I’ve had GSPs for 60 years and their pups are great dogs. I’ll get you a name

If you’re good with shipping from CA I know a guide/trainer that has a litter or two a year. Solid dude and great dogs

@WBouldin Thanks for the info. That's a little discouraging to hear, but I'm glad the pup is doing well. I sent an email to Teton last week asking some basic questions; I did ask if I could visit to get an understanding of the demeanor of the dogs since it's not far from me. Never got a response...

@Salmonchaser and @SoCalhunt88 I'm in the breeder research stage so any recommendations you have are appreciated. I'm in Northern Utah and have no issues driving for a puppy.

@WBouldin Thanks for the info. That's a little discouraging to hear, but I'm glad the pup is doing well. I sent an email to Teton last week asking some basic questions; I did ask if I could visit to get an understanding of the demeanor of the dogs since it's not far from me. Never got a response...

@Salmonchaser and @SoCalhunt88 I'm in the breeder research stage so any recommendations you have are appreciated. I'm in Northern Utah and have no issues driving for a puppy.
You’re looking for chukar dogs I’m thinking?

Looking for a versatile dog. Been drawn to GSPs as I've always had one around, growing up until now. So, not specific to chukars, but all upland and waterfowl
Take a look at Wier Farms GSP; Bonners Ferry Idaho; 7194340806; wwwwierfarmsgsp.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CodyL
Back