Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Grip and Grin Pictures I don't really care for.....

This was 3 years ago, my second buck in my life, and definitely my biggest. I made a horrific standing off-hand shot that I learned the hard way from, and found him the next afternoon. It was cold out so no spoilage but I was so excited to find him that we just snapped pics and got him out of there quick as we could…
A certain HTer said this is absolutely NOTHING to be proud of and it really hurt my feelings. I realize now it’s Not because of what he said, but because he was right, there was more I could have done to show some admiration for the animal, and not myself or my success. Since then I’ve tried to be more conscious of my shot, controlling my excitement and the commemorative photographs. 😞
Give yourself some grace. Yes, the state of that beautiful buck is not good. Your joy is priceless though, and your words show you’re growing. I have a picture of myself proud as punch with my first pronghorn buck hanging in a garage dripping blood on the concrete… I didn’t have a clue. My family didn’t hunt and we were just kids learning through trial and error. I wish I had a father that guided me, but I didn’t. Live and learn.

It’s been a long time coming, and i absolutely owed it to him. Thank you HT, you’ve taught me a lot.

Attachments

• IMG_7974.jpeg
    IMG_7974.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_7972.jpeg
    IMG_7972.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_7970.jpeg
    IMG_7970.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1560.jpeg
    IMG_1560.jpeg