Yeti GOBOX Collection

Garage Heater

I have a natural gas ceiling tube heater in my garage and it is 100% worth it. The price of the unit plus installation was worth it over a cheaper electrical unit that costs and arm and a leg in electricity.

For me it was higher initial cost ($3k) but much cheaper to heat long term than electricity. I keep my garage at 15C (Idk what that is in freedom units and too lazy to google) in the winter for a few bucks a month.

Mini split so you have ac also and be lucky your not paying co op prices
Doesn't the heat pump lose efficiency and eventually functionality in severe cold? A/C in the garage would be nice at times, but reliable heat in the coldest weather is the most important factor. The boiler room (now, furnace room) is off the garage and needs to be conditioned for the 97% furnace to maintain efficiency.

Idk if you can swing it as far as room area - but i think its hard to beat a thermostat controlled pellet stove.
Floor space is definitely a premium as it's laid out now, but I'm intrigued. For the pellet stove users, what's your pellet usage/cost during a cold winter?

Doesn't the heat pump lose efficiency and eventually functionality in severe cold? A/C in the garage would be nice at times, but reliable heat in the coldest weather is the most important factor. The boiler room (now, furnace room) is off the garage and needs to be conditioned for the 97% furnace to maintain efficiency.
Idk I have a guy for that stuff he tried taking me into a mini split when I built I just did a gas heater wish I had done the split

Floor space is definitely a premium as it's laid out now, but I'm intrigued. For the pellet stove users, what's your pellet usage/cost during a cold winter?
FYI, some insurance companies aren’t too keen on the pellet/wood stoves in garages. Worth asking before installing IMO.

I had a moisture problem when I heated my garage. It eventually lead to mold issues. The car would be full of snow and melt on the floor. The drain took care of most of it but I always had my windows condensate. The propane tube heater worked well but I could never keep it dry inside.

I had a moisture problem when I heated my garage. It eventually lead to mold issues. The car would be full of snow and melt on the floor. The drain took care of most of it but I always had my windows condensate. The propane tube heater worked well but I could never keep it dry inside.
That's something I hadn't considered - any combustion heat will produce moisture as a byproduct. Did the tube heater have an exhaust vent? I also imagine your humidity in the winter in Michigan is a wee bit higher than ours.

I use about 1.5- 2.5 tons (500 bucks max) keeping a pretty well insulated 1850 sq ft house pretty warm all winter in billings.

That's something I hadn't considered - any combustion heat will produce moisture as a byproduct. Did the tube heater have an exhaust vent? I also imagine your humidity in the winter in Michigan is a wee bit higher than ours.
It was exhausted outside. It was purely from the snow and ice melt from the vehicles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back Tracker
Back