Yeti GOBOX Collection

Gallatin Canyon Wall Tent Homicide

FREAK

My neighbor stopped by and asked if I heard about this. Man found dead a couple miles up a forest service road in his wall tent. Not what I wanted to hear as I’m packing to head out tomorrow. Sad deal.

Last edited:
Well that gives me warm fuzzies all over...... Makes me want to try and hide my camp more than I already do

Hopefully more details come out.

That's crazy! I typically feel safer in my wall tent in the woods then in my bed at home. Hope they get justice for the victim and his loved ones.

Well that gives me warm fuzzies all over...... Makes me want to try and hide my camp more than I already do

Hopefully more details come out.
Yep, between this story and the mountain lion fatality Steve Rinella recently did an podcast on I think I’m ready to buy a nice handgun.

I know this does not happen every day, but now you see why I don't like to hunt alone out of state. Crazy world these days...

The homicide was so brutal and messy that it was thought to be a bear mauling initially. Then it was determined to be a horrific attack by someone who chopped him up with some sort of weapon. It was either very personal with extreme hatred or perpetrated by some sort of mentally deranged monster. Hopefully they find the violent idiot who did this soon.
I know I won't be camping up Gallatin Canyon in the near future. If you plan to camp and hunt up there soon, keep firearms at the ready, camp in numbers, and sleep in shifts until this is resolved.

Tylenol PM is usually does the trick when I’m in griz country.

Somethings gonna get us, this won’t keep me from spending time out there. Weird deal though. I can’t make sense of the motivation. Seems like it had to be pre-meditated but that could be me trying to rationalize it as I’ve become accustomed to low crime in the valley.

BAH! I wouldn’t worry a bit about camping in the canyon. I’d bet money it’s Mexican cartel business…. Too many of them and too much crime to be coincidence. Very few articles will disclose their origin, understandably I suppose. It’s not relevant to why they’re driving the wrong way on the highway everyday, running people over walking their dogs, and Swiss cheesing fools at the rock plant…

BAH! I wouldn’t worry a bit about camping in the canyon. I’d bet money it’s Mexican cartel business…. Too many of them and too much crime to be coincidence. Very few articles will disclose their origin, understandably I suppose. It’s not relevant to why they’re driving the wrong way on the highway everyday, running people over walking their dogs, and Swiss cheesing fools at the rock plant…
MS-13 was my first thought.

Yeah, I'm thinking Cartel. Alot of unsavory types filtering around the area these days.

My neighbor stopped by and asked if I heard about this. Man found dead a couple miles up a forest service road in his wall tent. Not what I wanted to hear as I’m packing to head out tomorrow. Sad deal.

Crazy!!

This is creepy. My boss, a co-worker and I were shooting our rifles right at that intersection on Sunday. A couple of sheriffs deputies rolled by and stopped up the road a couple hundred yards right as we started shooting. I walked over to check in with them to make sure we weren’t going to make them nervous if there was a situation going on. They said we were fine and they were just checking something out.

😳😳😳😳

Back