MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Football General Talk

And for FCS fans - #1 v #2 got upgraded to ESPN2. Sadly we have another iffy Bison team this year so while I will root for green and gold, I would bet on a comfortable rabbits win.

Comfortable? Really? Even in the barn?
If Lions can run the ball they will win. If they have to abandon the run due to either V defense or falling behind Lions will lose. My money would be they stay close enough in first half to pound vikes on the ground

If Lions can run the ball they will win. If they have to abandon the run due to either V defense or falling behind Lions will lose. My money would be they stay close enough in first half to pound vikes on the ground
No no no!! I was talking bison vs jacks.

9ers are going to kick the Chiefs to the curb with Al Michaels who makes more than Brock's annual in a single game commentary.

I like Al. Great guy! You get what you pay for though... wow!

So, in the Grand Scheme of Things, now that college players are openly professional, and quite lucratively at that, can they be fined like a pro player for delinquent behavior on and off the field?

So, in the Grand Scheme of Things, now that college players are openly professional, and quite lucratively at that, can they be fined like a pro player for delinquent behavior on and off the field?
Did you see Tony Bennett's presser saying he is hanging it up from Virginia BBALL coach? Pretty much in so many words said college sports suck now...at least I feel that's what he wanted to say.

No - theyre not under any contract with the school.

They might lose their NIL deal though, i would think. Depending on how the contract works.

Did you see Tony Bennett's presser saying he is hanging it up from Virginia BBALL coach? Pretty much in so many words said college sports suck now...at least I feel that's what he wanted to say.
I did not see the presser, but I read about it, and that, among other things, got me thinking about this question.

Actually, from the quotes I saw and read, he talked out of both sides of his mouth about college sports. He said they were great and he said they were ruined. He did not quite have the guts to come out and say it straight up. That, in itself is yet another huge problem with college sports - the unwillingness to be frank and honest by the lions' share of the participants.

No - theyre not under any contract with the school.

They might lose their NIL deal though, i would think. Depending on how the contract works.
They are under contract with whom? The NCAA? Certainly, they can be and are punished for things on and off the field, but not fined - yet, so far as I know.

They are under contract with whom? The NCAA? Certainly, they can be and are punished for things on and off the field, but not fined - yet, so far as I know.
Theyre NOT under any financial/pay contract with the school. So the only regulatory body involved - NCAA - has no power to deal with it and assign fines.

Coaches whining because players getting money may cut into their $8 million salaries. The money has been rotting the sport for years but now we care because the poor kids are getting a taste smh

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ttt
Back