PEAX Equipment

Football General Talk

Here is the biggest argument for Purdy being legit qb1. Week 3 vs the Rams no Kittle, no CMC, no Deebo. Also the 1st round rookie reciver Pershall got shot.
Terrible pass protection (15 pressures).
Brock puts up a 137 passer rating and 3 touchdowns while avoiding about 15 sacks.
If you watch that game he makes Jennings a household name.
49ers have by far the lowest yards after the catch this year and are on top for total air yards.

Purdy good Highlights
If you watch this and think it's the system you are just bias

Here is the biggest argument for Purdy being legit qb1. Week 3 vs the Rams no Kittle, no CMC, no Deebo. Also the 1st round rookie reciver Pershall got shot.
Terrible pass protection (15 pressures).
Brock puts up a 137 passer rating and 3 touchdowns while avoiding about 15 sacks.
If you watch that game he makes Jennings a household name.
49ers have by far the lowest yards after the catch this year and are on top for total air yards.

Purdy good Highlights
If you watch this and think it's the system you are just bias

It's also a good highlight reel for his o-line but yea, he did his part well.

It's also a good highlight reel for his o-line but yea, he did his part well.
Did you watch it? If Mahomes did that everyone would see it.
15 pressures he's hit on a lot of those throws and scrambling for multiple big plays.
There was one play where he had extra time where the rams rushed 3 kept a linebacker to spy Purdy in order to keep him from scrambling. The 49er had 5 in for protection. He threw for a first with 2 extre defenders in coverage on that play.

15 pressures he's hit on a lot of those throws and scrambling for multiple big plays.
There was one play where he had extra time in there where the rams rushed 3 kept a linebacker to spy Purdy and keep him from scrambling. The 49er had 5 in for protection. He threw for a first with 2 extre defenders in coverage on that play.
He also had 5-8 luxurious seconds on most of the successful throws I watched...and wide open receivers. He's an intelligent distributor.

There was one play where he had extra time where the rams rushed 3 kept a linebacker to spy Purdy in order to keep him from scrambling. The 49er had 5 in for protection. He threw for a first with 2 extre defenders in coverage on that play.
I watched him in person looked like a confused rookie a few weeks ago in MN - he was clearly outplayed by Darnold (not saying Darnold is better). If folks really want to have strong takes about FB you need to see it live - "follow the ball" TV coverage and predetermined network narratives don't tell the whole story. He is a top 12 QB, not top 5 - that's my take - carry on.

I watched him in person looked like a confused rookie a few weeks ago in MN - he was clearly outplayed by Darnold (not saying Darnold is better). If folks really want to have strong takes about FB you need to see it live - "follow the ball" TV coverage and predetermined network narratives don't tell the whole story. He is a top 12 QB, not top 5 - that's my take - carry on.
Oh bs. I've seen him 2 times in person. With front row 40yd line seats once. Most recently vs greenbay in the playoffs. The first part of that game is the only time I have seen him flustered.
I have a 100% bigger sample size then you.
The Vikings have done that to a lot of qbs this year.

Emotional investment creates difficult comprehension.
Goes both ways my friend. First of all the 9ers don't look great this year. No way he has 5-8 sec to throw in those clips he is running from a rusher or taking a hit on a lot of those throws.

50% off frame this week

Then give it another look :)

Oh bs. I've seen him 2 times in person. With front row 40yd line seats once. Most recently vs greenbay in the playoffs. The first part of that game is the only time I have seen him flustered.
I have a 100% bigger sample size then you.
The Vikings have done that to a lot of qbs this year.
we will know who is right in 3 years - see you then

we will know who is right in 3 years - see you then
How does being right about him having been good take 3 years.
Will he be good after eating up a large portion of the cap? I don't know I didn'tsay he would. Is he on a team riddled with injuries without any depth because of a stupid trade and still at the top of the leaguein many categories? Yes he is.
Will he look good against the chefs defense this week? Maybe not! Spags has had his number.

How does being right about him having been good take 3 years.
Will he be good after eating up a large portion of the cap? I don't know I didn'tsay he would. Is he on a team riddled with injuries without any depth because of a stupid trade and still at the top of the leaguein many categories? Yes he is.
Will he look good against the chefs defense this week? Maybe not! Spags has had his number.
My comments have never been about "good". But if that is the ask, yes he is "good" and I already said he is top 12, hardly faint praise. But "elite" and the "best" and next Montana or Brady are much higher bars over much longer time periods.

In a hard-cap league cost is a big part of assessing the value of a player. There are a few truly elite QBs that can overcome their impact on the overall team roster as a result of salaries over 10% of the cap. (hence the first contract QB paradigm that many think is real) Mahomes is one who has proven ability to win at highest level after losing key components. The next year or two will tell us if Allen is one. The last two years suggest Burrows may not be one of them. The next 3 years will tell us if Purdy or Love can make the cut.

My comments have never been about "good". But if that is the ask, yes he is "good" and I already said he is top 12, hardly faint praise. But "elite" and the "best" and next Montana or Brady are much higher bars over much longer time periods.

In a hard-cap league cost is a big part of assessing the value of a player. There are a few truly elite QBs that can overcome their impact on the overall team roster as a result of salaries over 10% of the cap. (hence the first contract QB paradigm that many think is real) Mahomes is one who has proven ability to win at highest level after losing key components. The next year or two will tell us if Allen is one. The last two years suggest Burrows may not be one of them. The next 3 years will tell us if Purdy or Love can make the cut.
No disagreement on that making someone elite. But to not give him praise for what he is currently doing is a dam shame by being so negative the haters are missing out on watching a fun player play. Purely out of belief perseverance and ideologue.

2024 vikings are the 2009 broncos. You heard it here first. ;)
Let's be clear - the season will almost certainly be a disappointment- the only question is how it will disappoint.

If we go turtle like in 2016 and end up 8-9 it will disappoint.
If we go 13-4 and lose in wildcard or divisional round it will disappoint.
If we go to the NFC championship game but lose it will disappoint.
If we go to the Super Bowl and lose it will disappoint.

Unlike some organizations, just being good, or making the playoffs, or the Super Bowl, or having hall of fame players isn't all that interesting - it's old hat for the Vikes - been there often, done that often. Only a Super Bowl win will fail to disappoint. And the current vegas odds of that are about 1 in 15 -- so not holding my breath yet.

Last edited:
Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flickted
Back