Football General Talk

If Mahomes was throwing to Jefferson/Addison, Evans/Godwin, Samuels/Aiuyk his stats would be fine. If a person questions the elite nature of Mahomes after watching the last 2 year they need to pick a Premiere League team and start watching European football instead. In part, I think fantasy FB has warped fans appreciation of the game.
So, are you saying Dak needs better receivers?

he is the 12th highest paid QB and that seems about right for how good he is. Where you getting "certainly elite"?
Career earnings. Kirk has been elite at contract negotiation. I don’t fault him for it. More power to him and yep he looked great last night but the reason the Vikes are 4-0 is because they no longer have to pay him and can add other pieces.

Is Darnold the new Mr. Irrelevant

Sam Darnold signed a 1 year , $10,000,000 contract with the Minnesota Vikings, including $6,250,000 signing bonus, $8,750,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $10,000,000. In 2024, Darnold will earn a base salary of $2,500,000, a signing bonus of $6,250,000 and a workout bonus of $250,000, while carrying a cap hit of $5,000,000 and a dead cap value of $8,750,000.

NFL referee at second coin toss (overtime), “both teams will have a chance to score, unless a defensive safety or a touchdown is made”. Lawyer speak trying to make me think that this is “fair”.

I once again state my hatred for regular season OT rules.

NFL referee at second coin toss (overtime), “both teams will have a chance to score, unless a defensive safety or a touchdown is made”. Lawyer speak trying to make me think that this is “fair”.

I once again state my hatred for regular season OT rules.
If the theory behind the objection is that it is unfair if you have two unstoppable offenses to the not give the second unstoppable offense have a possession after the first unstoppable offense scores a TD. But then the first unstoppable offense gets a "first try" at the second score. Same result. Or are you suggesting that each team keeps getting equal possessions until someone ends the cycle ahead? Given the physical demands of the sport I don't see how that is a good idea.

In the words of my old coach -- if you just go out and beat the other team soundly, the bad calls and goofy rules don't change the outcome.

These teams has 120+plays to resolve this in regular play - I really don't care how the OT works in the regular season. Hell, I would just go to ties in regular season. Better to keep players healthy for the long season.

Last edited:
I reserve judgement of the Vikings, until forever, really. Sixty years of being a fan of them will do that to you.

Here's a team I do not think will win the Superball, and I generally like them. The Bills were terrible today. Every team can lay an egg, but the way they laid one today is special.

The got the ball on their own two or three yard line with something like 40 seconds left, with the score tied. In what universe is it smart to go three and out, with three incomplete passes, and leave time on the clock. They gift wrapped the game for the Texans. They could have at least had a half a shot in overtime to get a win.

I do not know if Allen is dealing with an injury, but he was not very accurate with the ball today.

I did like getting the Vikings win early in the day. I also liked that they made Roger's day less than enjoyable.

Advertisement

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trantham11
Back