Football General Talk

he is the 12th highest paid QB and that seems about right for how good he is. Where you getting "certainly elite"?
1728052055792.png

Only player on that list to never see a Super Bowl from the locker room. He is first ballot hall of famer in the "NFL Contract HOF", but not even sniffing the real HOF.

View attachment 343220

Only player on that list to never see a Super Bowl from the locker room. He is first ballot hall of famer in the "NFL Contract HOF", but not even sniffing the real HOF.
What a deceiving chart. Care to do the math and recreate how that chart looks 5 years from now? Kirk won't even be in the top 10. And every 5 years players will just get shifted continuously down.

Anybody else going to chime in from somewhere other than the Midwest?🤣

...and why is it called Midwest, and not Mideast?

Is that is why its called the "mountain west" for folks in Wyoming, Montana, Colorado, etc? DOn't want to associate with those three west coast states?
Not at all. It is because they are scared of and intimidated by those Midwest states on their other side. And they are a hell of a long ways from the water to be called "West".

There's no better example of first world drama as grown men squabbling about millionaire sports teams.

Guilty, btw
At last, TRUTH. :) :)

Meanwhile, who has the better QB on Sunday morning, Vikes or Jets? We shall see. Does everyone hate the London games as much as me? If I was a player or coach, I would dread this, nevermind the equipment managers.

At last, TRUTH. :) :)

Meanwhile, who has the better QB on Sunday morning, Vikes or Jets? We shall see. Does everyone hate the London games as much as me? If I was a player or coach, I would dread this, nevermind the equipment managers.
The foreign country productions is likened to shipping cattle with better restrooms.

I will recant when he gets a ring.

Man, you are talking a lot of smack for a Vikings fan. If that's the only standard, Bud Grant was a mediocre coach, the Vikings teams from days gone by were no good, Randy Moss was a so so receiver, yada, yada.

I am glad the Vikings let Cousins go, for many of the reasons you state, but he had a great game, and a pretty good career. I bet the Cowboys wish Dak was capable of a 500 yard passing game.

Man, you are talking a lot of smack for a Vikings fan. If that's the only standard, Bud Grant was a mediocre coach, the Vikings teams from days gone by were no good, Randy Moss was a so so receiver, yada, yada.

I am glad the Vikings let Cousins go, for many of the reasons you state, but he had a great game, and a pretty good career. I bet the Cowboys wish Dak was capable of a 500 yard passing game.
He is, trouble is it's usually a 3 score loss....

Ok, more like top 11 stats guy, but sometimes top 5 or even top 1 (i.e. likely this week).

Toss him on an actual good team like the Niners or Cowboys the last few years and they maybe have a Super Bowl? Washington to Vikings and now the Falcons? Dude just doesn't have a chance to be good.

2023 before injury:

View attachment 343213

2022:

View attachment 343214

2021: He missed one game and with how close it was in the 5-11 range he would have likely moved up a lot with one more game.

View attachment 343215

2020:
View attachment 343216
You're arguing fantasy stats, which is just that, FANTASY. Vikings fans don't give a rip about that and want to win games. That said, Kirk wasn't the main reason the Vikings never made a deep run with at QB.

tldr: I don’t think that word means what you think it means ;)

1. Everyone can’t be elite if the word is to have any meaning. Just as, by definition, they can’t all be above average.
2. Typically the “elite” distinguish themselves with consistent greatness over time and in the highest pressure situations - such as playoffs.
3. Elite QB play does not miss wide open easy throws for winning TDs (like Baker did on a screen play late in the game).
4. No team in the league would pick either of these two over Mahomes, Allen, Stroud or Jackson. If you can’t make the top 12.5% you can’t be elite.
Are any of the quarterbacks that are performing at the top of the league this year having elite years compared to history? It could be and has been argued that Mahomes is not having an elite year even though the chiefs are 4-0. he is 12th in passing yards, has 5 int’s vs 6 td’s and has a rating of 89.7. The top 4 in passing are…Kirk cousins, Geno smith, baker mayfield and Brock Purdy. We’ve debated heavily on the eliteness of 2 of those qbs in this very thread.

Are any of the quarterbacks that are performing at the top of the league this year having elite years compared to history? It could be and has been argued that Mahomes is not having an elite year even though the chiefs are 4-0. he is 12th in passing yards, has 5 int’s vs 6 td’s and has a rating of 89.7. The top 4 in passing are…Kirk cousins, Geno smith, baker mayfield and Brock Purdy. We’ve debated heavily on the eliteness of 2 of those qbs in this very thread.
If Mahomes was throwing to Jefferson/Addison, Evans/Godwin, Samuels/Aiuyk his stats would be fine. If a person questions the elite nature of Mahomes after watching the last 2 year they need to pick a Premiere League team and start watching European football instead. In part, I think fantasy FB has warped fans appreciation of the game.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
george84
Back