Caribou Gear Tarp

Fly Tying/Fishing Thread

Not what I'm after but since I haven't caught anything else better than nothing. How many of you can say you caught a catfish on a 6" bunny tail? Wont say it was on my bucket list.šŸ™„View attachment 325974
just when you think youā€™ve seen it allā€¦ how da hell do you catch a catfish on a fly rod šŸ˜†

What kind of tackle are you guys running? Iā€™m trying to go as little as possible. I have a box of flies with a good assortment of wet, emergers and dry flies, two rolls of tippets, extra leaders, cork and yarn strike indicators in a small fly cup, pliers, knife, net, leader straightener (or whatever you call it) spare pole and reel, and the float powder stuff. I have it all in a pole case with two pockets. I donā€™t really see me going back to my backpack for extra stuff which is nice. Could probably do without the spare pole, I donā€™t really ever use it but you never knowā€¦.

Iā€™m going backcountry fishing some time this year and want to make sure Iā€™m not missing anything essential.
Theres been plenty of times Iā€™ve gone backcountry fishing, carrying a bunch of extra crap, and needed nothing more than a few royal wulffs, some gink, and a roll of 4x tippet all week. Pack a wee little streamer or two as well. Maybe some whiskey if the wulffs donā€™t work.

Last edited:
Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oras
Back