Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Fixed Pin Sights

ForkieShooter

Who makes the good ones? Why do you like or dislike them?

Caught the archery elk bug bad in the past few years and am planning an upgrade from my entry-level Bear compound this winter. Gonna try a slew of bows, but already thinking ahead to components. Pretty sure I don’t want to fiddle around with dialing anything in the field.

Thinking a 4 or 5 pin will be optimal for the shots I’d ethically feel comfortable taking. First pin set at 50 yards so I can launch them arrows off the 5th pin for some of that good good social media content. (Kidding)

Anyway, tell me about good, simple sights, please.

Black Gold Rush 5 pin.

But, I’d recommend the Black Gold Ascent Verdict 5-pin... If you like shooting your bow, you’ll probably eventually play around with pin stacking, which will lead to wanting to play around with a slider at whatever distance you can max it out at. You’ll have 5 pins for your ethical hunting situations, and won’t have to ever dial for those situations, but then have the dial for messing around at the range and really dialing in your form, anchor, release, etc at longer distances. It will make you a better shooter. Best of both worlds.

Black Gold Rush 5 pin.

But, I’d recommend the Black Gold Ascent Verdict 5-pin... If you like shooting your bow, you’ll probably eventually play around with pin stacking, which will lead to wanting to play around with a slider at whatever distance you can max it out at. You’ll have 5 pins for your ethical hunting situations, and won’t have to ever dial for those situations, but then have the dial for messing around at the range and really dialing in your form, anchor, release, etc at longer distances. It will make you a better shooter. Best of both worlds.
This right here. Well said

I have a spot Hogg Grinder 5-pin that I started with back in 2018, eventually went to a slider, but have recently switched back to the straight 5 pin for hunting.

That spot high has been through hell and back, and stays solid.

SITKA Gear Optifade Cover

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jg722
Back