MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Fishin on the 4th

Bad problem to have, good solution to your problem!
We eat walleye like Alaskans eat salmon. I name most of my fishing spots. Where we went yesterday is simply called “the spot”. It’s a long day trip and we only make it there two or three times each summer but it usually pays off.

I really wish WI had an entire region like MN does for wilderness encompassing 100's of lakes and rivers. Even if it was "non-motorized" on just the bodies of water that would be cool.
Of course it doesn’t compare to the BWCA, nothing does, but the chequamegon-nicolet has about 45,000 acres of designated wilderness. If you head just across the border into the U.P. The Sylvania wilderness is often talked about by wilderness canoe campers.

Of course it doesn’t compare to the BWCA, nothing does, but the chequamegon-nicolet has about 45,000 acres of designated wilderness. If you head just across the border into the U.P. The Sylvania wilderness is often talked about by wilderness canoe campers.
All of the "wilderness" areas in WI are generally small sections that contain little to no water and they would be "non-motorized" anyways to the recreational user. The designation is more for protecting those parcels from having a road built through it.

I have a cabin booked for a few days in early October on Hungry Jack Lk to go grouse hunting but will be bringing a fishing rod (better to have & not need).
Not being a walleye angler, what lures would be wise to pack for a little casting from shore?

I have a cabin booked for a few days in early October on Hungry Jack Lk to go grouse hunting but will be bringing a fishing rod (better to have & not need).
Not being a walleye angler, what lures would be wise to pack for a little casting from shore?
Slip bobber with a minnow, small jigs topped with a paddle tail plastic, small countdown Rapalas,

I like to bottom bounce a jig head tipped with a minnow or one of those gulp minnows. For casting its a jig with curly tail. Ive had good luck with white that was mentioned above. Walleye and crappie are the only fish I enjoy eating as much as catching.

Back