PEAX Equipment

Filling water jugs at elk camp

johnnybow

How are you filling your water reservoirs for your wall tent or camp? This is only my 2nd time and the first time we used a funnel and a bucket to fill our jugs. My girl is going this time as a camp jack and want to make it as easy as possible if she gets water while I'm on the mountain. Does anybody use a battery pump? Thanks

How are you filling your water reservoirs for your wall tent or camp? This is only my 2nd time and the first time we used a funnel and a bucket to fill our jugs. My girl is going this time as a camp jack and want to make it as easy as possible if she gets water while I'm on the mountain. Does anybody use a battery pump? Thanks
I guess I don’t understand. Why not just fill your jugs directly where you are filling your bucket?

We need more context. I have never heard the term "Camp Jack" so I don't really know what that is about.

Are you living out of a freeze dried bag with a Jet Boil, or are you boiling a huge soup pot on a Camp Chef?

Are you purifying your water? "bucket and funnel" sounds like a no.

Sorry guys just filling water containers for non drinking water around camp. Like sponge baths

Camp jack is all purpose helper, as in jack of all trades. Having had giardiasis, I can't think of anywhere in the lower 48 where I would drink untreated surface water.
OK, Had not ever heard that one. Agree on treating water. Not just beaver fever, I saw a 20 foot circle of TP and wipes 15 feet from a flowing stream on Friday.

Do dude wipes actually work? Are they the same as any other wet wipe?
I like them. They wipe off the skin oils that dry out. By no means is it a shower but I do feel pretty clean after using them.
I use these though. They do fine and then they get thrown in the stove. I run through a pack of 15 through a week of hunting.

Make it easy on her and you. Put a 50 gallon soft PVC water bladder in the bed of your truck.

Advertisement

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozarkhuntress
Back