Dsnow

Poor training unfortunately. It’s not uncommon. I don’t really believe the hooked an ankle. Just the way a chipper works, if it yanked you in your going head first. New guys will push the branches into the chipper with their foot to force it into the chipper. Foot is already on the deck and then yanks the rest of the body in. He is very lucky and must have had a Vermeer chipper with only one feeder wheel. My chipper has two feeder wheels and you’re not pulling yourself out. The only way would be to reverse the feed wheels.

Holy smokes. Guess I’ll stick with my desk job.
You don’t want to see the incident reports for my job…. Things like chainsaws stuck in collar bones, other chainsaw injuries, and getting hit by branches or logs flying through the air are much more common. The chipper is about the worst one and doesn’t happen often but almost always results from someone using their boot to push stuff into the chipper.

Can we start an "OSHA was never here" thread? I'll start it out with a soils deputy inspecting a drilled shaft while the driller was at lunch. Driller returned from lunch and continued doing what most lever pullers do... he went at it.... A 72" rock auger with 85k torque vs a soft body......

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Banana Bob
Back