Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Drop away rests

peterk1234

I've been using them for over a decade. Love them. The most recent one is the vapor trail (about five years old or so). It's on a bowtech Realm X. The issue I have with it is I find the enclosure, frame, or whatever you call it, does not provide a lot of clearance for my vanes.

I am not worried about my arrow falling off my rest so I really have no need for it be surrounded by a bunch of metal. Is there a good reliable rest out there that drops away but does have a frame around it that could interfere with the vanes?

I've been using them for over a decade. Love them. The most recent one is the vapor trail (about five years old or so). It's on a bowtech Realm X. The issue I have with it is I find the enclosure, frame, or whatever you call it, does not provide a lot of clearance for my vanes.

I am not worried about my arrow falling off my rest so I really have no need for it be surrounded by a bunch of metal. Is there a good reliable rest out there that drops away but does have a frame around it that could interfere with the vanes?
So 5 years in with this rest and now your worried about it?

Someone cut off the "offending pieces" off of the Ripcord rest on the used bow I recently bought.
Left it totally useless to me.
It's called a drop away for a reason. They get out of the way.

I cut mine off To eliminate the chance of clacking the carbon off of it when I knock an arrow. Also eliminates the chance of vanes hitting

I use a hamske and I believe that has the clearance you talking about

Another vote for Hamskea...

So rotate the vane you have pointed up to say 1 or 2 oclock. Your not gonna need a new rest then

Go old school and hit them with some spray deodorant and shoot the bow and see if it’s even making contact 5 years in unless something has got dirty or broke im not sure why you would have a issue now.

The containment cage on many dropaway rests can be removed by taking out a couple screws. If yours happens to be non-removable, Vaportrail's Limb Driver models and Hamskea's target models don't have cages.

I got tired of them and their noisy racket so Its back to the bisquits. They are quieter and do not break. I went through two QAD's in the last month and a half. Enough.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hoping for elk
Back