Draw Process Working Group Recommendations

Pelican

Last edited:
I may be misinterpreting the summary, but it seems to me the DPWG is recommending all deer, elk, pronghorn, bear, and turkey licenses be allocated at 75:25. This would result in the resident allocation for high demand tags in limited units being REDUCED by 6%.
@Oak

80/20 still applies to the 5+ point point draws don’t they?

Interesting strategy begging for NR people to help fight to preserve hunting within their state at the same time propose changes restricting NR hunters ability to hunt their state.

bold-strategy-cotton.jpg

During the surrender period, allow customers to return a license for BOTH a monetary refund and restoration of preference points to the pre-draw level

I was really hoping that the option to return the tag and get both your money and PP back would only be for the approved exceptions.

Recommendations from the DWG are summarized in three memos covering the four DWG meetings.

Keep in mind that some recommendations summarized in the first two memos were adjusted in meeting 4.

Also keep in mind that, while the group tried to reach consensus, some recommendations were not unanimously supported. Support dipped as low as an 8-5 vote. Issues that were more evenly split were advanced to the Commission.

Consideration and adoption of some or all of the recommendations will be a 2-step process, with the first presentation and discussion being the November Commission meeting in Lamar, and the second discussion and vote at the January meeting in Denver. A summary of all recommendations will be provided prior to the November meeting.

Targeted implementation of any approved changes is the 2028 license year.

You have the opportunity to provide input to the Commission at any time prior to the January vote (in other words, a LOT of time). Input provided prior to the November meeting will be most valuable.

If you are really bored, you can watch the the four 7+ hour DWG meetings in their entirety. Any questions you have a strong urge to ask on this thread are probably answered here.

Meeting 1
Meeting 2
Meeting 3
Meeting 4

@Oak

80/20 still applies to the 5+ point point draws don’t they?
No, the recommendation is 75/25 across the board.

Back