Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Disturbed people out there

My neithbor left about a dozen couple-day old rotten baitfish in a flower pattern around a tree for my dog one summer… thankfully caught it relatively early and confronted him… thankfully no fishhooks though. People do messed up stuff…

This Forum is called HUNT TALK! At the rate politics are shifting in Canada, hunting will be illegal very soon!
Yes, with the polls showing a switch in government is imminent, I'm sure the Conservative majority that is all but assured to get voted in will take away hunting rights. I mean, why would they talk about loosening gun laws, except to take away hunting. Makes total sense.

Yes, with the polls showing a switch in government is imminent, I'm sure the Conservative majority that is all but assured to get voted in will take away hunting rights. I mean, why would they talk about loosening gun laws, except to take away hunting. Makes total sense.
The US and Canada are in many ways a mirror to each other culturally and politically. To infer that a prediction in a political power transfer will protect hunting for the mid-long term just doesn't seem rational. Its very clear what direction everything is going, canada is about 5-15 years ahead on what happens in the US. Didn't y'all just lose the ability to buy new handguns? Please enlighten me if there are any laws that protect the right to hunt just like there was to buy a handgun? That seemingly disappeared suddenly.

The US and Canada are in many ways a mirror to each other culturally and politically. To infer that a prediction in a political power transfer will protect hunting for the mid-long term just doesn't seem rational. Its very clear what direction everything is going, canada is about 5-15 years ahead on what happens in the US. Didn't y'all just lose the ability to buy new handguns? Please enlighten me if there are any laws that protect the right to hunt just like there was to buy a handgun? That seemingly disappeared suddenly.

I'll stop your argument right here; environment/hunting is a Provincial mandate and firearms fall under Federal mandate. The Federal gov't does not regulate hunting. I never could take my AR or pistols hunting based on the fact they were restricted in the first place, so I'm not missing much there anyway. Does it suck that I can't take my AR to the range? Yes. Will this change? Also, yes.

As long as I live in Saskatchewan, I will have the right to hunt. Full stop. Ontario and BC can elect whatever gov't they want and further restrict their hunting rights through Provincial legislation (which ultimately is the will of the people, whether we like it or not), but Saskatchewan will not.

Back on subject; there are some seriously unhinged people out there, walking/driving among us. It is quite frightening to really think about the amount of people who are just waiting for a reason to snap, literal ticking time bombs. COVID and political division has worsened the overall state of both our Country's mental health. We've empowered the crazies to be crazy, on all sides of the political spectrum. It's becoming more and more acceptable to do weird sh*t and normalizing absurd behaviours.

Last edited:
People leaving dog crap on trails is a huuuuuuuge problem. Not sure if that was this psycholopath's motivation, but a lot of people have had it with crappy, pun intended, dog owners. Either way, this person deserves as much of a punishment as Mike Vick minus the after sentence nfl contract

I'll stop your argument right here; environment/hunting is a Provincial mandate and firearms fall under Federal mandate. The Federal gov't does not regulate hunting. I never could take my AR or pistols hunting based on the fact they were restricted in the first place, so I'm not missing much there anyway. Does it suck that I can't take my AR to the range? Yes. Will this change? Also, yes.

As long as I live in Saskatchewan, I will have the right to hunt. Full stop. Ontario and BC can elect whatever gov't they want and further restrict their hunting rights through Provincial legislation (which ultimately is the will of the people, whether we like it or not), but Saskatchewan will not.

Back on subject; there are some seriously unhinged people out there, walking/driving among us. It is quite frightening to really think about the amount of people who are just waiting for a reason to snap, literal ticking time bombs. COVID and political division has worsened the overall state of both our Country's mental health. We've empowered the crazies to be crazy, on all sides of the political spectrum. It's becoming more and more acceptable to do weird sh*t and normalizing absurd behaviours.
I'm not entirely familiar with laws and mandates between providences and the federal government as it stands being an American. But my point is that if the federal government can make such quick and extreme law for handguns, who is to say they don't out right ban all weapons that shoot projectiles. Would that not effectively ban hunting? I know this is all hypothetical, but it is very clear the direction what the intentions are globally. They want to disarm us and make us reliant on the government, and hunting/firearms stays in the way of that. I'm not familiar with any Canadian federal law similar to the second amendment that protects your right to own guns.

Last edited:
Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SubSpider
Back