Deer - lets see em

Lets see some deer pictures! I know there are some giant bucks hanging in garages, on walls, in the trash can... what ever. Post em up. The MT whitetail rut hunt thread go me reminiscing...

Here's a few bucks to start off.

2009 Montana
P1010158.jpg

2010 Colorado
small.jpg

2007? Montana
Mtbuck2.jpg

2000 Montana
MTbuck.jpg
Hello- I am new to hunting and hunttalk.com. Last time I went on a hunt was with my uncle and cousins when I was about 14. I want to start hunting mainly to harvest healthy meat for my family from animals that only ate the forest. Both big game, and smaller game such as birds, rabbits etc. This in addition the sport part and my love for nature. Do you have any tips on how to start? I haven't purchased any guns yet, but I imagined needing a rifle for big game and shotgun for smaller game. Maybe a pistol for safety. I have no idea what to buy though. Big 5 sells all kinds of affordable guns but cannot assess if they are ok for me. I don't have a budget for hunting with paid guides. I imagined tagging along with some more experienced hunters, but I do not know anyone right now. Maybe you can point me to some forums for novice hunters like me on hunt talk or you have other tips. Thank you! Nice photos! I live in Northern California at the moment.

Buy three guns, the two you mentioned and a 22 long rife. Once you have the guns you are going to need to practice shooting and practice a lot. Going to be much cheaper with the 22.

Buy three guns, the two you mentioned and a 22 long rife. Once you have the guns you are going to need to practice shooting and practice a lot. Going to be much cheaper with the 22.
Hi- Thanks for your reply. Yes, I will need to practise a lot for sure. The last time was in 1989 during my military service. Is a 22 caliber rifle enough for deer and hogs? I was under the impression I needed bigger bullets for that?

Hi- Thanks for your reply. Yes, I will need to practise a lot for sure. The last time was in 1989 during my military service. Is a 22 caliber rifle enough for deer and hogs? I was under the impression I needed bigger bullets for that?
You should start a new thread in the "who am I" forum. I'm sure you'll get a lot more help there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SpecialJed
Back