Advertisement

Deer hunting the Oregon side of the Snake River.

Love his frame. Well done and enjoyed reading about your experience with the llamas. May have to try that. 🤔

I spent some time on the Washington side of the Snake River. Beautiful country and great deer. Congrats.

I drew the same tag this year and have many hours of e-scouting and research on this unit. I now live in Montana and was hoping to get some information on habitat and general elevations you were seeing deer at. I'm not looking for spots or your honey holes but just some general information. I also understand that the deer population in not what it used to be but I'm sure there are still some good bucks lurking around in the shade somewhere. It would also be nice to know where you were seeing most people, I try to avoid people the best I can and get into areas most people are not willing to go. I plan to scout before the hunt, but bucks are a completely different animals come October. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Sometimes these zombie threads make for some good reading of adventures that I had missed. Beautiful deer and big congrats on a hard earned adventure

Assuming you’re hunting the Snake River unit. Double creek fire up there in 22 was intense but cleaned out some of the dog hair lodge pole thickets up on top. We spent a couple days up there last fall and I got pretty excited about hunting in there again. She thinks I’m nuts, reminded me that my legs keep getting shorter. We did see some great bucks on both sides of the divide.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacksoncsalmon
Back