Yeti GOBOX Collection

Dang, I think that's "close enough" for coyotes.

D4570

I misted a coyote last trip out, that I thought I should have hit.
I had some free time and the wind was light, so I slipped up to the range.
It was 90* light swirly winds mostly west and to the east so I was not surprised at the results.
I drove down to the backer boards and stapled 3 targets side by side.
Went back to the 300-yard bench. I set up a front bag, and a rear pad for the stock and used my hand to raise or lower the butt. It felt very steady.
I had two 3 shot mags loaded so I shot back to back 6 shots. Of course, I could not see where I was hitting till I drove back down. Well, it was not the gun's fault I misted the last coyote.
Do you think it's "close enough"

22-250-2024.jpg

How far do you think the shot on the coyote was? What was the wind doing then? Under 1 moa should be pretty dang good unless you're trying to shoot them in the head at 300 yards with a crosswind. Then I could see there being a pretty good opportunity to graze or miss him.

*missed

I think more practice might be in order to be honest if you wanna take long pokes. Closer than 300yds I think you’re golden.

You might not have had a good rest relative to your bench shooting... Why i love bipods

That group looks fine to me. maybe a little buck fever.

I like shooting them with a 17cal. just don't to walk that far to drag it back to the truck. Keeping everything under 100, hunting at night helps get them in closer as well.

For some reason, coyotes get me excited. I had three lined up once at about 200 yards and didn’t touch a hair on any of them.

It’s awesome because you become the hunted. They’re generally on the move and tuned in.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clinebj22
Back