Custom Moose Calls

RunNGunSC

I’ve got a rut moose hunt coming up and wondered if anyone has a call maker recommendation. My buddy and I are avid turkey hunters and have large call collections. We are really looking forwarded to the call interactions. Thanks

Thanks, looking for a cone. It would also become a momento of the hunt. We’re definitely against using electronic calls, just not our style.

Finding the dead birch tree should be fairly easy. Cut the bark off of it and form a cone. A plastic pint whiskey bottle with the bottom cut off works several ways. As a megaphone, if you put a stick in it and scrape it against a tree or brush it makes sounds similar to a bull raking a bush. You can use it to pour water to imitate a cow urinating.
You will probably have to empty one first. My preference is RnR bottles. We are building a new house and using plastic pex for water line. I found that a piece of 1" pex 6" long makes for a good megaphone.
Good luck on your trip

My Alaskan buddy says get the cone, but not to vocalize. Get to still water and fill it up. Hold it 4'-5' high and pour the water out into the standing water.
He swears this imitation of a cow moose peeing brings bulls in on a string.

Anything will work. You are making the call with your mouth and amplifying it with the cone. I’ve seen people use old oil jugs. Also use something to scrape willows. An old scapula bone from a moose works or your cone will work also.

If you are looking for a hunt momento Find a piece of birch bark and make your own. They are simple and tons of DIY videos on the ‘tube.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clinebj22
Back