Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

CLaude Dallas

I'm glad that Claude is getting out. I think that he served his time and has paid his debt to society in full.

ok guys I agree that he should have gotten a stiffer penalty, but ...
he did not, weather his attorney was brilliant or not, weather the prosicuting attorney failed or not, weather even if the judge was dirty, a jury convicted him, he served his time (as the system defind it) and he is now free to live his live, weather any of us agree or disagree with what happened. you can not change the out come of this trial
but you can change it for future cases if you so choose.

He is a poacher, liar and murderer. Plain and simple. No matter how much jail time he does, it does not "wipe the slate clean." He is free, or as much as a felon can be anyway. That does mean he is "forgiven" - that is up to families of the victims, in my opinion.

Nope, he's not done and his debt is not paid in full. The families of the men he murdered have now started a new chapter in this case and now they are the one's who don't fell free anymore. Change the names of all the people involved and substitute others in the same type of cases and you will see that Claude got off too easily. His next cell will be alot more heated and there will be no getting off early.

reply to erik

This is the first execution to have been carried out in the United States for almost 10 years.(speaking 1977)
Gilmore, 36, was sentenced to death for the murder in 1976 of a motel clerk in Provo, Utah.

An appeals court in Denver overturned a restraining order on the execution in the early hours of this morning.
gilmore was sentenced to death for the murder of a motel manager in Provo, Utah on 20 July 1976.

He was also charged with killing a service station attendant in Crem, Utah, the previous day, but that case never went to trial.

Two aspects of the story make it exceptional. Firstly, the death penalty had been controversially reinstated in the United States in 1976 and Gilmore was the first prisoner to be executed under the new law. Secondly, Gilmore fought the justice system to ensure he would be executed quickly. Gilmore had already spent 18 of his last 21 years in jail.

The journey was relatively short from sentence to execution compared to most US death row inmates. Nevertheless Gilmore twice attempted suicide in prison while he waited, and the execution was stayed three times.

Two people received Gilmore's corneas within hours of his death - which inspired punk band the Adverts' Top 20 hit "Gary Gilmore's Eyes".

Gilmore's final words were immortalised in T-shirts with "Let's Do It" written on it.

Gilmore's death was the first of 784 US state executions to be carried out since 1977.
He wanted to die soon after his conviction because he was a COWARD he couldnt live with what he did!!!

Sage,
Not to digress too much...but I wasn't being argumentative with you, at least not trying to be. You inferred that Dallas would have been dealt with more harshly had he been tried in Utah which brought to mind the Gilmore story.

I only mentioned it because I saw the movie "The Executioners Song" and the one thing that always stuck with me was here was an admitted repeat murderer who had to sue to get executed. I was a kid when I saw the movie and didn't fully grasp the idea that Utah would be reluctant to execute him.

Courts have flaws, Juries are rigged, OJ did it and is free...... End of story

was sentenced to death for the murder in 1976 of a motel clerk in Provo, Utah. An appeals court in Denver overturned a restraining order on the execution in the early hours of this morning.

Granted the guy, as pointed our by another, was a low life coward but it does piss me off that when we have a chance to take one off the government dole (and he WANTS to end it) why we allow for all this 3rd party appeal crap.

This is going on here (locally) with a guy who even supposedly has information on another body but wants to be put to death (finally) should he disclose the whereabouts. Course the legals are all jumping in to block his execution rather than let a family have a little closure with their missing loved one...

A former Anderson man condemned to San Quentin's death row is attempting to barter his way to execution with an offer to reveal the location of a body he claims has been buried near Manton for almost 25 years.

Gerald Stanley, 59, says he'll direct authorities to Diana Lynn's grave if only a federal judge will allow him a hearing on firing his U.S. defenders, who are fighting the death penalty Butte County jurors imposed 21 years ago for the murder of his third wife. Stanley says Lynn died of a drug and alcohol overdose in the woods near Manton. He didn't kill her, but he did bury her, he says.

If authorities want to call this case a murder, though, that's fine with Stanley.

"I've been on death row 21 years. I am almost 60 years old," Stanley said in a letter to the Record Searchlight. "I deserve to die for my wife's death."

Sorry Draft- Your wrong. Criminally speaking, Claude Dallas is done. He is a free man. Debt paid.

canoe,schmalts,very true points, no matter wether we like the outcome or not, wether the families have forgiven dallas or not, its done. now we move on from here and change it for the next guy so he doesnt get off so easy.

Anyone from AZ remember the "Desert Fox".....Dallas reminds me of him... Glorified by the press as an cunning survivalist who would never get caught.... they painted the cold blooded murdering bastard as some "colorfull" storybook outlaw.....and actualy had some people rooting for him....I was glad when the[DPS] gunned the prick down in Chino Valley.

Dallas is a liar, poacher, murderer, and thief. He may have served his time, but I doubt that corrected any of his attributes. From my limited legal knowledge, I must wonder if he will further his poaching ways. Shouldn't he be not allowed to own a gun????

He indeed cannot own a gun. I doubt very seriously if he will be in trouble with the law again anytime soon.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DWHauss
Back